Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    pay for a website?
    Go daddy has a promotion going on right now do I bit the bullet and purchased a domain.. It's still really rough but so easy to use! Worth it.. Have you paid for a website?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think that first you should try with a free website, for example Wordpress or Blogger, that in my opinion are pretty easy to use and to customize. If you can't figure it out, you could ask someone to set it up for you, and once it is settled i think it will be esier to use.
    If your firm is well known then you should probably buy the domain...
    - Amy

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Glad to hear you bought a domain! Even if you're just starting an online business or blogging for fun a domain name is cheap and makes your visitors and potential clients trust you much more than a free hosted website ever will. But, like Amy said, if you're just starting on the online side of things, platforms like Blogger, Wordpress or even Tumblr are also worth a look since they cost nothing. Now that you have a domain name, you can register the same domain on the platforms mentioned and advertise / drive traffic to your main site or business.

Share on facebook

Last edited by alec; 02-05-2014 at 03:35 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    That is great! I haven't purchased one in a long time, but they are invaluable as a business person, no matter what the use. I have thought about purchasing another domain, but not sure about it yet. Congrats and good luck on your venture!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by am.nevida View Post
    I think that first you should try with a free website, for example Wordpress or Blogger, that in my opinion are pretty easy to use and to customize. If you can't figure it out, you could ask someone to set it up for you, and once it is settled i think it will be esier to use.
    If your firm is well known then you should probably buy the domain...
    - Amy
    Yes I actually had blogger for a while.. While it is great and I document the whole process and what were doing ...
    I still wanted to have a professional looking website just for the business .. At 2.95 for a year is the promotion so I bought the domain .. Thought id try it out

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Glad to hear you bought a domain! Even if you're just starting an online business or blogging for fun a domain name is cheap and makes your visitors and potential clients trust you much more than a free hosted website ever will. But, like Amy said, if you're just starting on the online side of things, platforms like Blogger, Wordpress or even Tumblr are also worth a look since they cost nothing. Now that you have a domain name, you can register the same domain on the platforms mentioned and advertise / drive traffic to your main site or business.
    Yes I haven't thought of tumblr .. There's a few other sites I should get into as well .. I broke my laptop and am just using a tab for all this so it's annoying at the moment haha but thank you

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by cpefley View Post
    That is great! I haven't purchased one in a long time, but they are invaluable as a business person, no matter what the use. I have thought about purchasing another domain, but not sure about it yet. Congrats and good luck on your venture!
    Thank you! I appreciate it

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I think godaddy is a credible site and offers cheap domain and web hosting. There are other offers out there which you could also compare with godaddy. You could also try the free websites and those with free trials, explore all options you have for you not to waste your money ^_^

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by lifeliveson View Post
    Yes I actually had blogger for a while.. While it is great and I document the whole process and what were doing ...
    I still wanted to have a professional looking website just for the business .. At 2.95 for a year is the promotion so I bought the domain .. Thought id try it out
    Oh so you bought it! For this price i think it was a good choice I hope it works! - Amy

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    How much is everyone else paying for theirs?

Share on facebook