My name is Nick Gizzarelli and I am the managing member of Oriole Advisors, LLC. At Oriole, we help employers setup new or manage existing retirement plans. Many small businesses choose to reward employees with payroll bonuses. My goal is to ensure employers consider, instead, rewarding employees through retirement plan profit sharing contributions. Profit Sharing contributions are tax deductible (just like wages), but are not subject to payroll taxes, thus, making them more efficient from a tax standpoint than a traditional bonus. Also, Profit Sharing contributions can be subject to a vesting schedule in which employees are only eligible to withdraw the funds after they reach a certain level of seniority. Should an employee terminate prior to reaching the required seniority, they forfeit the contributions, thus reducing the actual cost to provide the benefit. Because of this, retirement plans motivate staff to perform, are more tax efficient than traditional bonuses, and promote high staff retention rates. In addition, retirement plans provide many other benefits to the staff, such as allowing employees to contribute to their own 401(k).

My office is an independent retirement plan consultant who helps employers design and manage the best plan for their needs. We shop various providers and compare benefits/fees to determine the best solution for each client. Once a plan is established, we help employers manage the plan while working directly with the employees to help them understand their options. We also act as a fiduciary investment advisor to the retirement plan, thus relieving the employer of certain fiduciary responsibilities related to investment selection and monitoring.

Feel free to email me or reply with any questions. I am exciting to work with many of you to help grow both of our businesses.

Nick Gizzarelli, QPA, QKA