Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Would you outsource overseas?
    A lot of small businesses these days outsource certain functions such as telemarketing, writing, social media, web design, various admin and VA jobs, etc. either routinely or on an ad-hoc basis. If you currently use outsource workers or plan to do so, do you have an opinion about whether these people are based in your own country or not (assuming an adequate level of English)?

In other words, would you justify paying a higher hourly or job-based fee if you can keeping the jobs "at home", or are you happy to employ someone at a lower price as long as they can do the task well - even if they are in a country such as the Philippines or India and not your own country?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't use programs where there are freelancers or microtask workers that do those functions for my business. However, I would appreciate someone who is very skilled in both the field and language. I really wouldn't mind the language, but I think my customers would be more comfortable if I did, so I would say yes, I would pay a higher job fee if it isn't too high. If it is, I might as well step in and have those programs work on another field that they are able to fulfill effectively.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by oregano View Post
    In other words, would you justify paying a higher hourly or job-based fee if you can keeping the jobs "at home", or are you happy to employ someone at a lower price as long as they can do the task well - even if they are in a country such as the Philippines or India and not your own country?
    The business process outsourcing (BPO) industry is booming which means that a lot of businesses embrace this. Philippines and India are two countries with a lot of workers who offer outsourcing services to other companies and individuals abroad. Their low cost and dedication to work is what makes them a hit. One of the biggest firms in the BPO industry is Accenture and their revenues are skyrocketing.

If I were to choose, then I would rather outsource work to cheaper laborers rather than get an individual to do the same work at a higher rate.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I definitely would and I probably have in the short span of time that I've been hiring online for a few jobs that I hired online for such as article writing and graphic work. I don't really see much of a problem with hiring overseas especially if it's as convenient as the methods we have now. I would only be against it if I thought that it would be at the expense of the quality of service or the product I sell which will therefore affect my sales. Otherwise, I don't see much difference with it when compared to other business decisions, in that it's mostly just based on what gains I can achieve compared to the disadvantages.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I also would do this. The main thing for me is are these people good enough to do the taskts? If they are I dont think I would care too much. Profitability is number one.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Because most contractors don't get paid much, they deliberately do work that's not as good as they would have done if they got fair renumeration. Because of that, I would outsource only the sort of work that requires a lot of time to complete but needs no special skills to complete. Something like getting FB likes, bookmarking my web-pages. . .basically, the part of promoting a website that's time-consuming.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    It will depend on the task you need accomplished. Either you outsource or employ, sometimes it might be cheap and sometimes expensive. The only problem with outsourcing, the person might not be able to complete the task on time and decide not to show up any more leading to many inconveniences.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing has been a very controversial topic in recent times. The major benefit of outsourcing is that it allows the company to focus on core activities and also saves the company costs which are involved in setting up a department for the required work. It is also advantageous to an enterprise because the work can be outsourced to a company which has specialization in the field. But people in the developed countries have been very vocal about outsourcing of jobs because it has led to the increase in the level of unemployment in their country. As a right-wing fundamentalist, I am in the favor of outsourcing jobs due to a couple of reasons. Firstly, It promotes competition thereby increasing efficiency. Secondly, it lets the market forces of demand and supply interact and set the price accordingly.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have mixed feelings about this. My worry is that when outsourcing you may not have workers that have a good enough grasp of English, thus getting inferior quality work. I think you would have to choose very carefully because what appears cheaper at first may end up costing you more in the long run. By this I mean you may end up having to have the work done again locally because the quality wasn't good enough. I also think where possible it's good to support local workers. It's a difficult decision for me, as of course profit is one of the main goals.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    If it is a job that can be outsourced without losing quality, I wouldn't hesitate. I wouldn't fire people that were doing the job before. I have nothing against outsourcing. Businesses need to make money and if that is what it takes...

Share on facebook