1. Collapse Details
    Issues with importing and product from China to US
    I purchased various clothing products (ties and bow ties mainly) from a Chinese manufacturer through Alibaba. I guess my first indication that it was going to be a hassle was that the manufacturer changed a number of items I ordered after I already made a deposit but I was desperate to get inventory. In any event, once the products were complete and shipped via FedEx, the manufacturer changed the commercial invoice to integrate the shipping fees (about $750) into the cost of each item. So now I'm paying import duties on shipping fees.

Second is that a number of the ties that I ordered were manufactured incorrectly. For example, I ordered a salmon colored tie that arrived as orange. For another design, the striped on the every single item were curved when they should have been straight. The sample photo I sent to the manufacturer clearly show all stripes should be straight.

Is there anything I can do?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    hi, i think you can do nothing about it. Certainly you can send the ties back and cancel the transaction. but it takes time and shipment costs. but what you can do is : find some in china, who can check the things before they go to you. i am living in Shenzhen,china. currently working with a German customer. he ordered first and let the supplier send the things to me. i checked , if there are problems,i can send them immediately back.if there are missing some, supplier can send to me the missing parts. I am "eyes and hands" of my customers. maybe you can consider it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hello,

Sorry to see the problem. We are local Chinese, we may help to find better factories with quality control, factory can be visited and goods can be checked before shipping. Hope we can help, please also see the messeage sent.

Sincerely,
    Jack Hu

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Hi , You must have already solved your problems now .
    In my opinion , it's factory mistake , they should bear it and reproduce right things you want , it's good for both of you .
    For next time , before place the order , ask supplier send you sample according to your requirement to confirm not you send them your sample .
    Keep close connect with the person who you keep touch with , and ask he provide pictures from material to package during all process , if any problems on which stage, notice it early and solve it .

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Hello,
    I don't think you can do anything after all the payments have transfered and the clothing is deliveried.
    1. Your custom office charge the duties by C&F price. It is correct to add FedEx costs into the Commercial Invoice.
    2.The problems can be avoided if you pay more attention.
    Your payment terms and quality control seems too weak.
    Nest time, you must be better.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Hello, I am in San Jose, California. I can help with import & sourcing. Thanks!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Hello,

In my opinion, before you work any Chinese suppliers, you should know their Export experience or qualifications, Quality control measures,After-sale service measures,Bank credit etc. Meanwhile, for any order, you are suggested to sign a formal contract with them. We are a professional service company here in China, if you need any support, please feel free to contact us!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I use special customs broker https://clearitusa.com/ for import to USA, and don't have any problems. You have to pay for their services, but the price is small in fact.

Share on facebook