Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Anyone Know How to Make Website Banners?
    I'm trying to find some fairly easy instructions on how to make at least one banner for my website. I've found a LOT of old information in searches and have tried to download a trial of Photoshop, but couldn't open it because my system is 32-bit instead of 64-bit. Can I use MS Paint...or what other programs can you suggest for this task? I appreciate and THANK YOU greatly for any help with this!

Share on facebook

---
    Many Prosperous Blessings!

Rebecca

Learn the Truth About HYIPs!
    [URL="http://ourmoneymattersblog.com/"]

2. Collapse Details
    I'm actually somewhat decent at graphic design, if you'd like to purchase a banner you could private message me your specifications on here and I could get to work. Depending on how complex you want it, price would range from only $20-$60.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Hello! I had a fashion blog some years ago and i used two websites to make the banners!
    The links:
    Banner Maker : You can choose the proportions, text, colors, background etc.
    Banner Fans : This one was my favourite because it has lots of fonts and the possibility to move the text in the banner!

Hope this helps! - Amy

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by am.nevida View Post
    Hello! I had a fashion blog some years ago and i used two websites to make the banners!
    The links:
    Banner Maker : You can choose the proportions, text, colors, background etc.
    Banner Fans : This one was my favourite because it has lots of fonts and the possibility to move the text in the banner!

Hope this helps! - Amy
    GREAT! Thank you, Amy! I'll look into both of the sites...hopefully, one of them will work for me!

Share on facebook

---

Rebecca

5. Collapse Details
    If you're looking for a free alternative to Photoshop, then I highly recommend you try out GIMP. It is an open-source software that is similar in capabilities to Photoshop. I've been using it to create simple banners for my blogs. If you're in need of help, there are many online resources available.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    There are a lot of banner makers to download or even make on online. Just Google "make banner" or "make animated banner". If you put "online" with that search, you will get online versions.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you are having trouble with the full version of Photoshop, then you might want to look into the portable version which I think is called Photoshop Lite or something similar. It's got pretty much the same features and I was even able to use it in a very cheap, old and low powered netbook. If what you want to achieve is fairly simple, then I don't see anything wrong with just using Paint. Just find some free graphic backgrounds and place some text in front and as long as it's the right size then it should be alright to use. If you are going to do this, however, I suggest grabbing some nice fonts since it will rely a lot more heavily on typography.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by JohnSword View Post
    If you're looking for a free alternative to Photoshop, then I highly recommend you try out GIMP. It is an open-source software that is similar in capabilities to Photoshop. I've been using it to create simple banners for my blogs. If you're in need of help, there are many online resources available.
    Thank you, much for that suggestion, too! I'll look into it! Thanks to everyone else...for your thoughts and expertise, also!

Share on facebook

Last edited by rsodell; 02-06-2014 at 02:35 PM. Reason: Inclusion of answers of other postors...
    ---

Rebecca

9. Collapse Details
    Bannersnack is another nice banner creator. They also have widgets and a free Website creator, as well. Here's the link for bannersnack.com and good luck. I hope you're able to create something awesome!

http://www.bannersnack.com/?gclid=CK...FcY7MgodUE8AKw

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Use canva.com. Create a free account and it's very user friendly. You can get creative on this site.

Share on facebook