Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you still get vacation pay if you only work part-time?
    I haven't worked in anywhere that wasn't full-time, which I have always worked overtime because I used to work as a Nurse, which I worked as much as I could in order to survive my college years and be able to pay for things. I would like to know if you work part-time, do you still get a vacation pay or does it depend on the company?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I used to work part-time in the past. Out of all the part-time jobs I've worked in, none of them provided vacation pay. Basically, if you've to take time off, then you won't get paid. I'll be interested to hear from anyone who gets vacation pay while working part-time.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by pandandesign View Post
    I haven't worked in anywhere that wasn't full-time, which I have always worked overtime because I used to work as a Nurse, which I worked as much as I could in order to survive my college years and be able to pay for things. I would like to know if you work part-time, do you still get a vacation pay or does it depend on the company?
    Vacation? What's that when it's at home? I haven't had one of those in about 6 year at this point, but I can't really complain about it, I get to work outside with my farm animals and digging in the dirt to grow some stunning vegetables. Not to everyone's taste I know, so that's my vacation. Other places I've worked have allowed me so many days (3-4) on full pay and anything after that would be payed on an average amount of hours worked and then you would get a small percentage, but it wasn't much.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think you can make money with different part time jobs. You can also study while doing part-time jobs rather than going for full time jobs. It really depends on the availability of work and the good pay which would make people want to work more. If you don't want to do part time you could just do a business yourself as this can be more productive for business minded people.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Vacation pay is an entitlement given to full time workers as part of their benefit completing a contract. I don't think a part-time employee can be covered by such an agreement. Besides, you are not paid when you don't work.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It depends on the company, really. My mother works part-time but have vacation pay for the time should would normally work (50/50). Some people might not be payed but it is normal for most to get payed according to how much they work.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    As the guys said, it really depends on the place you are working at. Even though I think 90% wont give you paid vacation because it costs them money: No emotions in business!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    It completely depends on the company. Some of them are generous and some of them aren't. Some companies are very lenient with this sort of thing and will give you pay while you are on vacation if you are working full-time. But for part-time, i'm not saying that it never happens, but it is quite rare.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have found in my experience that the answer to this question does depend onthe company. There are places I have worked that did offer vaction pay for part-time staff and this was based on an average of the hours worked. Then there were places that did not, but that I could take a vacation only upon approval from management.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I've never received vacation pay in any of the part-time jobs I've done over the years. In my experience it's only full-time, permanent positions that include vacation pay, sick pay and other benefits whereas all my part-time jobs have been hourly pay only. On the other hand, when I worked via a temp agency for a couple of years a long time ago, there was one company where I worked (full-time plus a lot of overtime, paid on an hourly basis) that gave me a week's paid vacation to say thank you for doing a good job. That was probably quite an unusual situation, though.

Share on facebook