Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How do you source new clients?
    The last topic that I commented on (dreams and aspirations for a home-based business) got me to thinking. How do you source new clients?

If you have a website (which I highly recommend) ... how many clients contact you directly? Do you send out direct e-mails or direct mail of any kind?

As I mentioned, 99% of my clients are from direct contact ... I've found that as long as you keep e-mails short, sweet and personalized, they seem to work.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Biggest source for me right now is Facebook. I'm launching a website soon though. But through Facebook, twitter and instagram I get about 20-25 direct emails. And I agree with your strategy about keeping emails short and personalised. And I always mention that I'm always open to their feedbacks which really helps. Sometimes, I even call them up directly and this works great too!

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Word of mouth still holds true. So we can all be busy little bees, sending flyers, emails, social-networking are little FB fingers off and make zealtch! I know GASP... It's all about building relationships. Getting recommendations, having a solid reputation for whatever you do or for whoever you are. I have had a group on FB for a week to just sell some little nail wraps. None of my friends are buying in, why cuz i have kinda just thrown them into this group and haven't contacted anyone person. I will this weekend.... I was just planting seeds this last week. Next week tho they better watch it cuz I will be tagging and posting and PMing and ohhing and awwwing! I love promoting! It's fun!

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    Biggest source for me right now is Facebook. I'm launching a website soon though. But through Facebook, twitter and instagram I get about 20-25 direct emails. And I agree with your strategy about keeping emails short and personalised. And I always mention that I'm always open to their feedbacks which really helps. Sometimes, I even call them up directly and this works great too!
    I also think that facebook is a good idea. Or you can ask your customers to talk about your company and spread your name and what you do around, maybe some people will notice you

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I actually just restarted my Facebook advertising -- both a promoted post and a proper ad; in addition to Twitter advertising (I received a $50 coupon because I am a MailChimp subscriber); plus, I am doing a Google AdWords campaign. So far I've gotten a few likes of my post, a few favorited Tweets and according to Google Analytics, four new unique visitors.

I agree with sdsnook; it is all about building relationships. For a while there I was following up on all my e-mails with a phone call, if I had not received a reply. That got tedious, especially considering most of the people who were interested e-mailed me back anyway.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I'm really surprised to hear such great praise for facebook marketing. I run a computer service business and have found that the only thing I get from my Facebook page is maybe brand recognition. I've never been contacted via Facebook. Also, I don't get much attention from my website either. What kind of businesses are you running that gets you clients from Facebook?

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I also get a lot of inquiries from Facebook too (by the way, my niche is online jobs). My FB page ranks higher in search engine results than my actual website. I think I'm getting organic traffic that's why I'm able to build a quality FB fan based. If you like to get results from your FB pages then you got to have a quality fan based.

I also agree with sdsnook about building relationships. You have to communicate and put yourself out there especially If you're planning to have a long-term business. People buy from someone they trust and trust is not easily gained, you have to work hard to for it. If people trust you they will not just buy from you but will likewise recommend you to their friends and relatives.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by rijndael View Post
    I'm really surprised to hear such great praise for facebook marketing. I run a computer service business and have found that the only thing I get from my Facebook page is maybe brand recognition. I've never been contacted via Facebook. Also, I don't get much attention from my website either. What kind of businesses are you running that gets you clients from Facebook?
    I'm running a small business selling women's shoes and jewellery. I've changed the settings to target mostly teenagers and young adults. I also include a lot of free giveaways and that attracts a lot of attention.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    The local people or the people in your locality is the best source of new clients. Those who already know you is a very good source of clients specially if you have a good reputation with them. You can also find people through Facebook, make customers like your page and it will spread like wildfire. There are other ways which you can get new clients by way of media such as TV ads, local newspaper and local Radio sites.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    While using every marketing channel to get through to a wide selection of potential customers is possible, it kind of erodes that human touch in getting a message across.

Try to be as cool and personal as possible, people nowadays aren't very fond of big corporate giants that are impersonal to them. People prefer the Mom and Pop Store much better.

Share on facebook