Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I think building my own email list has really helped me. I still get clients through social marketing sites also though. Twitter tends to be great for me, I only seem to land the odd client through Facebook and the others.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Sourcing of clients is a very important issue which an entrepreneur has to address after having started the business. Lets face it, a business is basically built to cater the needs of the clients. For sourcing new clients, you have to start a marketing campaign so as to create brand awareness for your firm. Big companies spend billions of dollars on advertising budget for the same. Countless books have been written on the subject but people have failed to accurately define the correct strategy for marketing, as it needs to be decided according to the needs of business.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    The best source of clients for me has always been word of mouth. I am a private tutor and if I get good results, my name gets around. One thing that has helped me maintain a client base is keeping the same email address and phone number over the long term. My clients get older and outgrow my services, but five years later they are still giving my number out to other people. People wont try too hard to get hold of you if they have outdated contact information. For me, other methods of acquiring clients have led to mainly short term, less reliable clients.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Starting a forum like this is also a good way to gather people of common interests (obviously related to your business) and you will find it easy to source new clients for your business. For obvious reason, personalized email and the FB are hands down good marketing grounds for anything.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have had a lot of success with social media in general. I try to keep growing into new social arenas. Although, one of my home businesses does better with word of mouth, for the most part it is the social media that works best.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Word of mouth has been a big part of it, I am fairly well known within the community that I reside in so it works well for me. I currently am exploring ways to improve my marketing. With so many options and a limited budget I want to get the biggest bang for my buck.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    For me, owning a webhosting company we do our client sourcing via affiliates as well as forums as we promote on forums and thats where the majority of our customers come from.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I started out getting business from personal referrals. I think that's the best way to do it. Simply doing cold calls and mass emails won't attract too much attention. There are already way too many companies who do that and people are tired of telemarketing calls and spam mails. Personal referrals are better because you get to reach the client directly and there is a personal touch to it, meaning, someone else may have said something about your business already.

I also asked my first few clients to do referral letters for me and I post that on my website. Word of mouth is really crucial.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I agree. I think emailing is still a nice and formal way of sourcing clients nowadays. Otherwise, I think nothing beats having a sales representative out there constantly pushing your products or trying to acquire clients, because I think having a person to talk to will always sit better with companies, especially big ones. I think the smaller companies tend to be a bit more casual in their approach and therefore also are more forgiving of the same when they are the recipient.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    The internet! Social media, especially Facebook. There is also local listing sites like GumTree for where I am located.

Share on facebook