Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Active sales without spam
    Hi, all!
    I need advice how to perform active sales of software development outsourcing services. We have a website but it's not visible in Google yet. Does anybody know any effective methods of searching clients without using website and e-mail spam.

Thanks for any ideas!

Share on facebook

Ambler Soft - software which understands you!
    Development of CRM, ERP systems and other business tools for small and medium companies

2. Collapse Details
    Spam is when you continually bombard someone with e-mails even when they have indicated [either by ignoring your messages or directly telling you they're not interested] that they're not interested in what you're offering. Freelancers always send e-mails to prospective clients asking them for work. Sometimes they get hired and at other times they get a "no" for an answer. You could try working that way. Send query letters to people who you think may be interested in your services.
    OR
    Join outsourcing sites and bid for jobs as an agency/company. By the time they realize you're stealing their clients and delete your account, you'd have got a head-start in your business.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Spam is when you continually bombard someone with e-mails even when they have indicated [either by ignoring your messages or directly telling you they're not interested] that they're not interested in what you're offering. Freelancers always send e-mails to prospective clients asking them for work. Sometimes they get hired and at other times they get a "no" for an answer. You could try working that way. Send query letters to people who you think may be interested in your services.
    OR
    Join outsourcing sites and bid for jobs as an agency/company. By the time they realize you're stealing their clients and delete your account, you'd have got a head-start in your business.
    A very good answer from Rainman here! There is a lot of confusion about what spam is, which means that a lot of small businesses are nervous about contacting prospective clients or partners for fear of being accusing of spamming them. In general, you are not sending spam if your email is to someone to whom it would be relevant (for example, a company that you believe might be interested in using your services, based on your knowledge of what that company does). It's a good idea to research your email list well, though - including the name of the manager, owner or other relevant contact person. You're more likely to get a positive response if you address your email to the right person instead of simply Dear Sir - it tells the recipient that you're serious and that you've bothered to do some due diligence rather than just sending out a hundred identical emails. A personalized email is usually not seen as spam.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Try looking for companies that might need your services. Go to companies and ask them about the software they are using and if the are happy with it. You might also be able to spot companies online. A bad website is a sign that they don't have someone decent doing their IT businesses.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Thank you!
    I'm very glad to feel support and get your advices!

It seems we have made some mistakes. For example, we send emails not personalized (I realy think it is not effective). We not send a spam - only one email in one company with detailed offer of our services and our contacts.

We have registered on freelance website but I'm not shure that we can find official contactors there (we need official relationships with contracts, bills and etc).

A very good idea about bad sites of companies! It realy should work! Thank you!

May be the next one problem is our location. We located in Russia and try to find customers from abroad. What do you think about it?

Share on facebook

Development of CRM, ERP systems and other business tools for small and medium companies

6. Collapse Details
    It will not be easy to get email signups because these days people are tired of being spammed. You can try to use other ways of internet marketing such as through forums like here among other methods. Spamming will really drive away your potential customers.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Your location shouldn't be a problem. If you think people from other places may not want to work with you because you're Russian, you don't need to tell them that. Initially, that is. Maybe to start you off, you actually seek out for people who need software developers. There are sites that you can find listings of telecomute jobs. You see, it sort of like continually applying for work [on behalf of others] until you get yourself some internet presence. No one really cares where you live as long as you can deliver quality services.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I'd advise you to utilize social media, but also to use it wisely as most of these sites - namely Facebook, will usually penalize you for doing too much unsolicited messaging. On the other hand, as I've found out, companies are a lot more receptive and casual when it comes to their social accounts, and being able to message them there, I think, will better your chances of not only being heard but also being responded to. Just make sure that you already look as legitimate as you can as a company before doing so to have much better chances of getting replied to, otherwise, I think most of them will just dismiss it.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    OR

agreed 100%

go pound the pavement and manually attract biz

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

10. Collapse Details
    Thank you!
    We going to try LinkedIn. Two weeks ago one company from Switzerland sent me proposal of services. It seemed very friendly and I sent my answer. Then I've thought that it may work!

Share on facebook