1. Collapse Details
    LLC Not in Good Standing
    I currently own a LLC in Maryland, and when I search up my business on the Maryland business search, it says we are not in good standing. The address given for our registered agent is correct, but our business address is wrong (we moved and the our tax person was terrible (My ex business partner (really bad judgement on my part))), so around two weeks ago (as soon as we noticed it) we filed changed it. Our business was created in November of last year. We do not know why it is that we are not in good standing, and our registered agent has received no letters from the irs, at all, about us owing money or missing something. My question is first why is our registered agent not receiving any information? (My assumption was that if we are not in good standing, missing something, or owe money he would receive a letter). Next is how can we find out why it is that we are not in good standing? and finally, how do we fix it? Thank you so, so much for your help.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Hi.

Your first assumption is that you would receive some sort of notice from Maryland. That doesn't always happen. It's possible you missed a report deadline.

Give the Maryland Department of Assessments & Taxation a call at 410-767-1184 and ask them. They will tell you why and what you need to do.

If that fails, then contact a small business attorney that can help you figure this out.

Good luck to you. Larry.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think you should first call to the register office in Maryland who are responsible for registering your business for that you can easily get their number through search engine and then contact the tax department to consult more in detail about your menace. If still you are unable to get the problem sort out refer a lawyer who handles small business cases and is experienced, i think he would be a perfect option to guide you the right step.

Share on facebook