Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Healthcare or Agribusiness first?
    Hi there,

I'd really love to end my days with a one leg in the healthcare industry and the other in agriculture. I'm interested in these because there's no denying that these particular industries help people directly, if managed and operated well.

I'm 20 now and yes the world is my oyster.

But what should I start in first? Healthcare or Agri?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I would suggest you start with the area you are most passionate about. When you're really driven it shows and people respond. If you're thinking of this from a perspective considering profit potential I would suggest starting in Healthcare. This is an industry that may be easier to enter at first; where agriculture requires some specialized studies, resources, and connections. Best of luck in your decision! I wish my twenty-something son had his sight on some aspirations - beyond hanging out with friends and taking low pressure electives.

Share on facebook

American-made SEO designed by seasoned marketers and never outsourced.

Visit us online at www.moorethanseo.com
    Find us on Facebook for exclusive content and promotions: https://www.facebook.com/Moorethanseo
    Visual learner? See our boards on Pinterest: http://www.pinterest.com/moorethanseo/

3. Collapse Details
    I believe you should enter the field you know most about! Another thing that is important is your idea, what do you want to do ? The industry shouldnt be your guideline, your knowledge passion and will should! What are your ideas for healthcare and what are they for agriculture?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Moore Than SEO

Thanks a lot for the advice.

My first priority would be getting profitable, but I do want to change the healthcare business' focus more toward offering better quality at very affordable prices. There's just so much profit that I really need. I keep my wants low, something my parents taught me well.

Also, from a twenty year old's perspective, talk to your son, maybe he's taking low pressure elective because he hasn't found out what his type of intelligence is.

Have you heard of the Theory of multiple intelligences? http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Theory_..._intelligences.

Make him take a test and see. Its a real life changer.

Thanks again.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Qraqq; 02-08-2014 at 12:44 AM.

5. Collapse Details
    DomDom

Well my passion for healthcare come from a past personal experience where I fell ill and the hospital bill was wayyy too much. We had to borrow and all that.

So I guess my main drivers are more targeted at the healthcare industry. Passions include low price quality healthcare.

An added bonus would be reduced personal healthcare costs for me in case I need it!

Thanks.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    well, in my personal opinion, if your priority is PROFIT - my vote goes to Agriculture. Planting and producing crops is more easier to do than the research based health industry. You can sell organic produce in many ways both with direct contact with your suppliers and with a very good marketing scheme you can even get orders online. Once you have it running well and giving you the income you need, you can then invest in the health care industry which can be of course supported by your agri business. Good luck to you.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I'm curious about your possible plans to work in healthcare. You say you want to find a way to provide low-cost healthcare - this is something many people are doing with alternative healthcare and preventative medicine, which can be as simple and "conventional" as teaching people about nutrition, exercise and recognizing the signs and symptoms of common medical issues before they become big and expensive problems. It also encompasses herbal medicine and traditional Chinese medicine, which provide a lot of herbal remedies for common conditions such as high blood pressure or diabetes, which most people take expensive drugs for. A lot of herbs can be grown at home, or obtained quite easily for a low price, and have far fewer side effect than prescription meds.

Is this the kind of thing you mean? Actually, you could combine both your passions and grow the herbs yourself and learn how to process them by drying, extracting or whatever, and selling them while also providing advice. You could grow and sell organic vegetables and fruit too, and teach people about the benefits.

Share on facebook

Last edited by oregano; 02-15-2014 at 08:10 AM.

8. Collapse Details
    It really depends with the interest that gets to you the most. Also consider the resources you have and the most viable option on your current standing economically. If you know how to plant rather than curing people then go for Agriculture, and vice versa.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    You decision should be based on a few things:

01) Which one is more profitable? Trust your gut.
    02) Which one are you better at? Whichever it is, I say you start there first.
    03) The trend or demand of each. Ask yourself, "which of the two industries do people seem to have a demand for more?"

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I'm no expert on either, but in my opinion, I think both are equally as challenging and could also probably just be equally as profitable, so I really would more likely just weigh this by personal preference and capabilities if it were me. However, if I really had to choose one, I'd personally just pick agriculture just because it sounds like it would be easier to start small with and test as opposed to health care which sounds to me like it would take a significant amount of capital to start wit, unless I'm mistaken.

Share on facebook