Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 123
  1. Collapse Details
    Interviews may be impressing (because that's how it supposed to be) but for me attitude is more important, as long as the person can do/learn the thing he/she is applying for then they can be an asset to your business but even if they are highly credentialed but has a bad attitude it'll bring your business down, unfortunately you wouldn't their attitude unless you hire them..

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    These are all great suggestions, but slimming down our search preferences to two? This could be a little more difficult. For the sake of answering the question, two things that I look into an employee before hiring would be: Integrity, and responsibility. Wish I could say more, but usually people that have these two attributes are trustworthy people, and have good communication.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    The two things that I would look for in a potential employee are responsibility and a great attitude. I wouldn't want somebody who avoids being responsible and who clearly demonstrates that they don't like the work that they've been assigned to do. A person's attitude can greatly impact the overall mood of the office and I don't want somebody spreading their negativity all over the place.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If someone is actually passionate about what the company does, or whether they're plainly just looking for a job. And obviously a well spoken individual that can think on their feet and provide examples when they're asked for them in an interview.
    And another is we definitely want someone thats responsible and has good initiative. That's my take on that

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I would be hesitant to rely too much on work history depending on the age of a potential employee. Instead I would look at how the person presents them-self during the interview, additionally I would heavily consider their knowledge about the topic of their job. Finally I would consider the quality of their education.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    As for me, employee working history is less important thing. I do not care why he had issues on last job or with previous boss. All I need is him to work properly with my company and be ready for everything

Share on facebook

Mike Levin,
    Small online store owner.

I Use SMC

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Exactly! I wish there was a way other than communication to evaluate how good someone is. Maybe some kind of a test would be good but the problem is you cant make a test for somebody without alot of experience in the specific business so it would probably be biased. How to evaluate if somebody is a hard worker? Thats the most important thing.
    Quote Originally Posted by LonerWolf View Post
    Well.. the first most basic thing I would want to check is his history and especially if he has any criminal past.. After that is off the board, well... the interview really helps to sort out the appropriate ones but you can also make a huge mustake by relying just on that.. There are great professionalists who just don't possess such fantastic communication skills but that makes them no less valuable!
    Exactly my Point!!! Background check is a must for sure and to be more precise I always use background-intel.com because it is very fast and accurate. I don't have to wait weeks to find out if I can hire the person.Second thing for me is decision making. I don't put experience here because sometimes wrong experience can lead to bad habits and this is very difficult to change. I prefer someone young and fresh who I can train the way I want as long as he/she has good logical thinking.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Hi dannyboy,
    According to me, the two important things that every employee should have confidence and better communication with team members.
    Thanks...

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    33 Browning St, Yokine WA 6060, Australia
    Those 2 things are correct but you also need to consider those people who has the ability to learn new things is essential in a small business employee. Recent graduates are an obvious choice if you want flexible minds that can acquire new skills with ease, but keep a special eye out for people who never lost their love of learning even after years on the job.

Share on facebook

The Dog Line - Experts in Electric Dog Collars: Dog Bark Collars to Reduce or Stop Excessive Barking, Electronic Dog Fence for escape-artist and Remote Dog Training Collars for Dog Obedience Training like Recall.

10. Collapse Details
    Well... Every decision is important when we hire an employee. But major things that we keep it in mind is: Never hire an employee who is only joining your startup for the potential financial gain. Hire the one who carried a very positive attitude, a lot of exuberance and an upbeat and sunny personality. Who will demonstrate a lot of potential and the willingness to grow and learn on the job.

Share on facebook