1. Collapse Details
    Questions about US businesses
    Hey guys,

I'm running a digital marketing business based in Canada and I'm going to promote my services to US market. I'm asking for help to answer a few questions:

1. My prices are by default in CAD and they are shown on the website. Do Americans accept to deal with CAD? Is it something normal, awkward or bad? Or should I set up a new USD pricing for them(in an Excel sheet)? What do you advise me to do?

2. What is the best way to collect payment from US businesses to Canadian businesses?

3. My company offers monthly hosting(recurring fees), but the customer can cancel at anytime. Besides the invoice, what kind of papers do I need to provide to US businesses? detailed contract(long 5 page document), short service agreement, any specific document that need to be signed?

Thanks so much for your help

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DigappMaster View Post
    Hey guys,

I'm running a digital marketing business based in Canada and I'm going to promote my services to US market. I'm asking for help to answer a few questions:

1. My prices are by default in CAD and they are shown on the website. Do Americans accept to deal with CAD? Is it something normal, awkward or bad? Or should I set up a new USD pricing for them(in an Excel sheet)? What do you advise me to do?

2. What is the best way to collect payment from US businesses to Canadian businesses?

3. My company offers monthly hosting(recurring fees), but the customer can cancel at anytime. Besides the invoice, what kind of papers do I need to provide to US businesses? detailed contract(long 5 page document), short service agreement, any specific document that need to be signed?

Thanks so much for your help
    Generally if a price is in CAD that will be a big warning flag to people in the USA. Especially for B2C, but even B2B. I would recommend setting the price in the USD and adjust it every quarter or so, or run out separate pricing for that group.

Just like normal, a TOS/RUP/AUP or whatever you have works. I am not sure they need to sign it as digital signatures are pretty expected at this day in age.

Thanks, Ben

Share on facebook

Interested in an online community for proven entrepreneurs, business owners, and CEOs?
    Take the survey and tell me what features you want!

3. Collapse Details
    How did you get your idea or concept for the business?
    What was your mission at the outset?
    When did you "charter" the business?
    How many employees?
    What service(s) or product(s) do you offer/manufacture?
    How do you advertise your business?
    How do you advertise your product/service?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    The process has been complex so far. It is simply one of the things that they are doing now. - Steven C Wyer

Share on facebook