1. Collapse Details
    Bookkeeping Course
    Hello,

I've recently decided to take a course to equip me to start my own bookkeeping business. I'm wondering if anyone out there has advice as to the right courses to take that will get me started on the right track. I was looking at taking an actual "Bookkeeping" course from a place called Education Direct. Has anyone ever taken this course? If so, what was your experience? Does anyone have any information on other online bookkeeping courses offered in Canada? The Education Direct course seems to cover all the topics that most accounting courses would offer so that's why I'm leaning towards taking this course.

I appreciate any feedback provided.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Hi Suzanne!

I just came across your message while searching the internet for colleges that offer online Bookkeeping courses. I haven't found too much.
    Have you found any further information or made any decisions?

I look forward to hearing from you!
    Caidyn

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Bookkeeping Course Response
    Hi Caidyn:

I did decide to go with Thomson Education Direct. After doing some research and speaking with a couple of people that I felt were fairly knowledgable I felt good about going with them.

I started the course just before Christmas '04 and so far am enjoying it. There's a lot of material to cover but I hope to get my diploma and start looking into my own business by the end of the year.

All the best in your search.

Suzanne

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Thanks for your response Suzanne!
    I am glad that you are enjoying your course!

I'm sure I'll have a few more questions for you over time.

Take care!
    Caidyn

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have the same question! How do you know which school is the best for your buck? I have researched Universal Accounting which is much more expensive than Allied or Thomson or PCDI, but the additional focus on the small business management skills seems to be much more thorough a curriculum. What do you really need to start your own business in bookkeeping and be able to offer your client high quality service with integrity? Any suggestions??

Nomi

Share on facebook