Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Where do you find your employees?
    I am curious. I know a couple people who are looking for a job at the moment. How good, really, are sites like careerbuilder, monster, ect.? I personally don't know anyone who has ever found a job on any of these sites. I have a Linkedin account, but I'm not really sure how one could find a job on there either. I have gotten all of my jobs simply from 'knowing someone who knows someone'. To me, this is very important and it's good to make a lot of friends with a lot of different people so they can recommend you! Also, if people come into your company in person to apply, does that give them a chance better then applying to the internet does? When I start my internet business, I'm going to need a couple employees myself and I need to know the best place to find them. I have a couple people in mind, but what if my company grows in size? Tell me what you all think.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    One of the more popular ways to gain employees in our area is to rent booths at job fairs. I've had many friends who had success in finding a job just by attending these expos, and I also am friends with a few bosses that participated in these events as employers. If it's online, I think your best bet would be to sign up and put up an ad on your local listings. LinkedIn and other similar sites, I think, are a little more broad, so you might have a bit more luck being a little more specific in terms of location based listings.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    There are a lot of ways to find employees without having to pay a lot of money in advertisement like that. Both social medias and newspapers are very good ways to look for employees. You can also wrote a note and post by the door saying that you're looking for employees that way, which is what I have done in the past, and I have found it is quite helpful. Another way would be word of mouth, which I have also found that is quite helpful as well. About the job sites, I don't usually use them and have found the least preferred way to find employees.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    It will depend on the company and the available positions that needs to be filled. These days most companies prefer to use recruiting agencies because they do not have time to condut interviews. It is from the recruiting agencies that the workers are submitted to the company for further evaluations. I also think that if you also know someone who knows someone, it will work for your advantage.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Alumni networks, LinkedIn, mouth-to-mouth, ... I can also talk to someone at my previous university and ask if he has some interesting students that might suit my needs. Also jobfairs, spontaneous solicitation, ...

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    The best employees sometimes were people that I knew from before. It was easy because I knew them and knew what to expect from them (the level of creativity, drive). It all depends on what kind of work do you need done though. Sometimes it can eb as easy as posting an online job vacation offer on some websites.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Finding employees who are trustworthy, loyal, honest and friendly are the most important employees you could ever find. Trustworthy and honest to do your biddings knowing they won't steal from you and take advantage of your business when you're gone. Loyal so that they won't back-stab you and go to competitors and such. Friendly since they will have to offer customers their services and other personal and public relations.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by fredkawig View Post
    Finding employees who are trustworthy, loyal, honest and friendly are the most important employees you could ever find. Trustworthy and honest to do your biddings knowing they won't steal from you and take advantage of your business when you're gone. Loyal so that they won't back-stab you and go to competitors and such. Friendly since they will have to offer customers their services and other personal and public relations.
    How would you find these type of people? To me, these are the least important type of employees for people starting an internet business. I need people who are really dependable, self-motivated, and can get things done in a timely matter. Sure, they need to be friendly and nice to an extent, but really I believe that the type of company is really important when you decide what type of employees to hire. Also, when interviewing a person, I don't think there is ever going to be a way to tell someone's personality and whether or not they are trustworthy. You can tell from calling past employers, I suppose. But I think that it's really hard to determine who's honest and friendly just from an interview, versus who is more hardworking, and from the achievements they have accomplished and the situations that they have been through.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Well, I thought you were dealing specifically with finding employees. The classified section of the newspaper would be a good place to start asking for them. However, I see that you are looking for online jobs yourself. You have to type that into google. Don't ask about "making money online". Try "telecommuting job" or "work at home jobs". I hope I didn't misinterpret your question. Anyhow, people are on monster.com and careerbuilder in genuine need of a job.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I basically used a lot of social media platform to attract employees and i also handed out flyers at a lot of job fairs. It was pretty effective for me. At the job fairs, i was able to interact with different people and really get to know them a little bit.

Share on facebook