Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234
  1. Collapse Details
    I found a great website called Media Seekers.
    I think it's new website but this job board is very helpful!

www.mediaseekers.com

It's a niche job board connecting business with social media professionals and social media pros with top companies.

It looks awesome!

You should check it out! www.MediaSeekers.com

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    I am curious. I know a couple people who are looking for a job at the moment. How good, really, are sites like careerbuilder, monster, ect.? I personally don't know anyone who has ever found a job on any of these sites. I have a Linkedin account, but I'm not really sure how one could find a job on there either. I have gotten all of my jobs simply from 'knowing someone who knows someone'. To me, this is very important and it's good to make a lot of friends with a lot of different people so they can recommend you! Also, if people come into your company in person to apply, does that give them a chance better then applying to the internet does? When I start my internet business, I'm going to need a couple employees myself and I need to know the best place to find them. I have a couple people in mind, but what if my company grows in size? Tell me what you all think.

In my experience careerbuilder and monster are not as successful as Indeed and LinkedIn. If you are looking for jobs on LinkedIn there is a section near the top that says jobs and allows you to search for openings in your area. Always research the company as well to make sure they are legitimate. I have also found that Glassdoor has great insight from current and former employees on how the pros and cons of the company and positions within the company. In finding employees I highly recommend using LinkedIn and Indeed. I currently work with a company that helps small businesses such as yourself with the entire hiring process. WE help with everything from job posting to background checks,setting up the interviews as well as providing all forms necessary. Hope this information is helpful. If you have any further questions feel free to reach out

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    To recruit the new eployee, placement agencies may be better option. Placement agencies can sugesst apprreopriate candidate as per requirement.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Spiff View Post
    I am curious. I know a couple people who are looking for a job at the moment. How good, really, are sites like careerbuilder, monster, ect.? I personally don't know anyone who has ever found a job on any of these sites. I have a Linkedin account, but I'm not really sure how one could find a job on there either. I have gotten all of my jobs simply from 'knowing someone who knows someone'. To me, this is very important and it's good to make a lot of friends with a lot of different people so they can recommend you! Also, if people come into your company in person to apply, does that give them a chance better then applying to the internet does? When I start my internet business, I'm going to need a couple employees myself and I need to know the best place to find them. I have a couple people in mind, but what if my company grows in size? Tell me what you all think.
    Putting a "careers" page in your website also goes a long way. That's how I found my previous job in my local town. Went to their website and applied.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by ppi4321 View Post
    To recruit the new eployee, placement agencies may be better option. Placement agencies can sugesst apprreopriate candidate as per requirement.
    Stay away from them. I have spoken to a lot of IT recruiters and they have no idea of programming so they spend the interview asking you completely unrelated questions until THEY decide you suck because they didnt like the answer to "If you a bird, where will you fly"

Share on facebook

Last edited by Azumi93; 01-11-2017 at 02:23 PM. Reason: typos

6. Collapse Details
    You simply add your CV then wait for a call that may or may not happen. Another great idea, probably better than online postings, is to hire people that are recommended by other employees.

Share on facebook

Sean Clerc, Sean Clerc, Sean Clerc
    All of these websites are educational supplements for student success in science and life!

7. Collapse Details
    33 Browning St, Yokine WA 6060, Australia
    In our area, we use jobstreet or create facebook page to find possible employees. The best option is to promote your job opening to different social media sites and forums. In this way, you will be sure that you are choosing the best candidate there is. Limiting your scope in finding your employees will also limit your choices. So, expand your horizon in finding for the right employee.

Share on facebook

The Dog Line - Experts in Dog Training Products: Dog Bark Collar, Electric Dog Fence, Dog Training Collars

8. Collapse Details
    I am really intrigued by the "Science of Attracting Talent" as Indeed calls it and I've put together some tips on reaching out to people with job opportunities but there are a ton of other things you can do as well. Basically outline: why your company is a good one to work for, what the benefits are, and what the opportunities are in the position and then if it is an attractive enough proposition and you post it where these people are you should have know trouble lining up a few interviews.

I wrote a blog post called:
    5 Ways to Attract IT Talent in Competitive Markets and the tips could be applied to most industries.

Here is the TL;DR summary if you don't have time to read the whole post (they start from free to low-cost to higher-costs):

1. Increase the Visibility of Your Job Post
    * post job to your website and promote on social media
    * post job opportunity to job boards
    * post job opportunities to relevant industry associations
    * post job opportunity to freelance communities

2. Offer Staff Referral Bonuses
    * reward good staff refferals (this only works if you already have employees - not sure if you're looking for more or your first ones)
    * cheaper than a recruiter

3. Start a Student Program
    * good long term strategy
    * build loyalty early on
    * partner with colleges/universities

4. Outsource Your Needs or Look Into Staff Augmentation
    * find a trusted service provider with a good track record
    * let them fill the need so you can focus on your business
    * not great long term strategy if you want to build your own team

5. Hiring a Recruiter
    * can be costly but can help you find good senior people
    * if you have the time, use LinkedIn Recruiter's tool

Hope some of these tips help! Also couldn't figure out list formatting if that option exists.

Share on facebook

Last edited by cdevos; 01-19-2017 at 02:22 PM. Reason: formatting
    Colton De Vos - Marketing
    IT Consulting Company

9. Collapse Details
    Finding the perfect employee is difficult. So there no confirmation that you would get the right job applicant. What I would suggest is try all possible ways like Free job posting sites, get employee referrals and also get access to CV database.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Linked In offers a very nice platform if you are specifically building relations to find jobs in future. job portals also help as most of the employers depend on them to look out for
    candidates.

Share on facebook