Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    While there a few illegitimate websites out there for job availability, most of them (career builder, monster, etc.) are very real options for job seekers and job posters alike. One thing I've learned from experience is that Craigslist will likely get you way more resumes than you can handle---and may not be from very experienced candidates. It's very useful, therefore, if you want to meet a lot of candidates and are willing to train, but I'd stick to more regimented services if you are looking to screen out candidates prior to the interview.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I usually advertise on Gumtree or Seek.com. I tend to receive many applications from these two websites which is fantastic. Otherwise I tend to make it very known to any clients or people around me that I'm looking to hire someone for my business.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    We find it difficult to find employees because it's very hard for our family to trust people.

We usually find our employees through referrals. Our uncle gives us good employees that work efficiently and very flexible in terms of working hours.

We usually hire people who are friends of friends.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    We own a family business so we dont really hire anybody but there is a lot of online job search out there. If you live in North America, Craigslist, Kijiji, indeed, and those kinds of websites are probably the most popular choice. Dont bother with newspaper classified ads, i dont think its effective really.
    Online is definitely the best way and it will give you more options to choose from.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Posting online advertisement seems to attract most of the job seekers. Another thing you can do is by setting up a booth during career fairs. You could even conduct a quick interview to filter through the applicants. Since you get to talk to them face-to-face, you can get a rough idea about the candidate before offering them a real interview.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    As most of my hiring is for one-time work I have used Craiglist. So its not the most attractive site, its simple and gets the job done. I haven't had any problems with this site or the people I have hired off of it.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Most businesses around here recruit new employees by using online job posting sites. You simply add your CV then wait for a call that may or may not happen. Another great idea, probably better than online postings, is to hire people that are recommended by other employees. A few business owners I know had great success with this method and managed to find trustworthy employees.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I have found a couple of jobs through Indeed. The platform lists the jobs and requirements. You apply for the job. A lot of people actually use job sites like this.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have a very small business and have only hired 4 employees over the years, but I have always only dealt with referrals from fellow small business owners. After working in retail for years, prior to joining the corporate world and then starting my own business, I saw so much nonsense go on I really don't think I could hire someone that didn't have a reference from someone I know and trust. Does anyone else feel this way? If I decided to go the route of finding my employees online I think I would post on Craigslist, you will receive a ton of applications but I think it is a chance to find a diamond in the rough candidate.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    A great place to find freelance work is Odesk.com You can find all kinds of jobs there. Customer Service, Writing, Email Response, and a ton of other things.
    You just need to create a profile take a few tests, load your resume and then start applying for jobs. I work with them all the time. It's a great way to supplement your income and add some variety to your workday.

Share on facebook