Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Do you ever get lonely?
    We all need to talk to people, a pleasure those who work at home hardly ever enjoy. For me however, I've never had to worry about that because I am one of those people who's grown up alone, has got used to it and therefore doesn't need others to feel complete. I'm curious though, do the rest of you who work at home ever get lonely?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I very rarely get lonely either. I was an only child. I learned early on how to keep myself busy. And boy am I good at it!! I sometimes get overwhelmed by all of my projects. I am always working on something. I also (going along with this theme) that I do not need noise as much as other people. I am okay reading in a quiet house. My husband, on the other hand, must have the television or radio on at all times. I read some where there are two types of people. Those that can be okay alone & quiet, and those that can't. :0)

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Sometimes. I live in an apartment with friends, so it's not too bad. I try to get out of the house at least once a day. I could go days without speaking to anybody or leaving the house if there's work to be done. I have to make an effort to go out and see friends, etc.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Not everyone who works from home lives alone, but I happen to be one of them. I do feel the need for human interaction now and again. One of my neighbours in my building is in the same situation so we tend to chat when we run into each other in the hallway. I make a point of getting out of the apartment and joining up with friends once a week. I leave the phone at home when I do this so that I am completely detached from work but once again reconnected to people. If I did not make a point of doing this, I would only get out for exercise and errands and would probably be miserable.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I work abroad and far from my family for the last 10 years (but with a month long vacation every two years). Yes, I sometimes get lonely but it is getting easier to adapt year on year..

looking back, you will find the life story you created for yourself and looking ahead, you either have the chance to change it for the better or keep it that way also you will realize you always have a choice and then decide on which direction and what state you wish it to end ... and i know you never want it to be in a sad state and so do I.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    As long as you have a personal life outside of your business you should not have any problems. I would suggest going on an online dating website unless you already have a significant other.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Yes, this can be very hard when you are working at home. Although I generally prefer to be my myself most of the time - especially when I would get home from work and wanted to unwind - when I actually started working from home full time it was really hard on me. It's bizarre not actually talking to someone in person for days at a time. To make matters worse, I was unable to drive as well and living far away from any immediate friends or family to take me anywhere.

One of the trickiest things was being able to "sign off" from work. I never felt like I ever "left" work when I worked from home. I tried sticking to a schedule of not touching my work computer after certain times, but the rest of my team was on west coast time and I live on the east coast, so they would be emailing me and calling me until like 7pm or later in the evenings. So part of it was their problem for not respecting the fact that I live in a different time zone than the rest of them, but the other issue was I always felt like I was "at work" by working at home - that pile of stuff on my desk was always staring me in the face, that work phone they supplied me was always blinking with messages, it sucked.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I guess it really depends on what kind of a person are you. Some people quit their jobs because they were fed up with interacting with too many angry bosses, unhelpful fellow colleagues, and customers that complain too much. Isolating themselves from all that and manage a business from home is a heaven for people like this. Of course, there's also another group of people who enjoy the social part of working in groups, so while they have to deal with angry bosses, unhelpful colleagues, customers that complain too much as well, they can still endure all that because social activities means a lot for them.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I work from home, but I have a team of people that I work with. We are all home based, but there are endless conference calls. I do notice that we cannot have the inside jokes or little parts of camaraderie that we used to have. Also, I'm somewhat lucky that my wife works from home full time as well. In fact we have to be sure that one of us leaves every so often so we don't get tired of each other.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    You have to force yourself to get out if you work from home. It's pretty hard on someone not to have interaction with other people on a daily basis. Make sure you stay in touch with your coworkers and friends at least over the computer or Skype.

Share on facebook