1. Collapse Details
    I want to start a small business, but I'm lost on what to do...
    I want to start an online and in-person tutoring business in this area and in surrounding areas, but I've had this idea for years and have never implemented it seriously. I think I'm intimidated by the idea of writing and submitting a business plan. A lot of those things don't really apply to sole proprietorship tutoring services. I'm really the only one working, and I want to be registered at the state and federal level so that I can register with the BBB, take reviews on customer review sites, and basically check out as a legitimate company free to pursue advertising strategies without being marked as SPAM or someone doing something illegal. I also want to be able to report my income from the business in a legitimate form on taxes and other situations where income inquiries might occur.

I'm aware there are downsides to starting my own business, one being the cost of holding a license and the associated taxes that go along with it, but I think potential benefits outweigh the costs. My dad owned a small landscaping business and supported our family off of it for many years.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Keep Your Present Job.
    Work on Your Business Idea.
    Analyze Your Market and Challenges.
    Assess Your Capital Needs.
    Explore Crowdfunding Platforms.
    Network with People.
    Run a Trial.
    Gather Feedback.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details