Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Are your Linkedin connections better than FB friends?
    The one thing about Linkedin is that it's a social network which conneccts professionals. I was on the site several years back when I was still working in the film industry but though I made a few friends I never did get much from the site.

Is it true that since most people on linkedin who connect with each other are working in the same profession/industry, can you use this to help you promote your business or even get partners to help you grow your business?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I've wondered the same thing. I often see it mentioned that Linkedin should be used as a marketing and connection too. However, I'm not sure how. It seems that you can easily connect with people in your industry, but then no real interaction happens. I'd love to know if I'm missing something here, because it certainly seems like it has potential. Can anyone chime in about this? How do you make it work for marketing?

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think so. Almost every message I get on LinkedIn is a job offering. I don't get anything else on there. I don't even think I ever used it for something useful.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I used LinkedIn heavily when I sold insurance. I was pretty active in several groups. I used it to mostly to promote my free seminars. I never failed to get appointments from the people attending the seminars. I also promoted a free white paper on business insurance.

LinkedIn wasn't my sole source of prospects, but most of my sales had their origins from my LinkedIn networking. Also my target market were local professional. So it was perfect for that.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I believe LinkedIn associates are at a slightly higher caliber than Facebook friends, only because I believe LinkedIn is more of a professional site than Facebook. In order to "endorse" or accept people onto your account, you actually have to know them, and be able to support each other in a qualified and specialized way. This is not a site just for family, friends or random people you meet in your life. LinkedIn is a great way to strut your stuff in a professional way, and make those connections and mingle online with people with whom you can expand your network and grow your business or yourself as a businessperson, not just joke and comment on the latest celebrity calamity.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    LinkedIn is more specialized than Facebook. When you go to the first you know you'll find professionals from all walks of life while on Facebook you'll just find out what your friends ate last night. Sure, I'm exaggerating with the Facebook example and from a marketing perspective it's useful for business too but using LinkedIn to reach professionals is more likely to bear fruit.

Now, depending on your trade you can use one or the other but in the end you'll want to use both. Business, online or offline is about connecting to people, thus, reaching as much people as possible is crucial for your success.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    LinkedIn is and should be an integral part of your business profile and visibility online. Most of the time, potential clients will google your name. If you are a small business, or have a unique name, your linkedIn profile will appear on the first page of searches (often in front of your facebook page)... since it is recognized as 'the facebook of professionals' it is a great idea to have a strong linked in presence. If you have a strong facebook presence, I recommend making your LinkedIn profile clickable on there by establishing a post with a hyperlink to your linkedin, etc in your status bar a couple times a week. You don't have to over do it, but just make your connections on fb aware of your LinkedIn link as well. If you have an instagram account, make your linkedin url your website tapper in your profile section.

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    LinkedIn is more specialized than Facebook. When you go to the first you know you'll find professionals from all walks of life while on Facebook you'll just find out what your friends ate last night. Sure, I'm exaggerating with the Facebook example and from a marketing perspective it's useful for business too but using LinkedIn to reach professionals is more likely to bear fruit.

Now, depending on your trade you can use one or the other but in the end you'll want to use both. Business, online or offline is about connecting to people, thus, reaching as much people as possible is crucial for your success.
    exactly.

couldn't have said it better myself. I still tried, though! haha

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

9. Collapse Details
    Linkedin is way better than Facebook if you want some professional networking going on. I don't like to even connect my Facebook to the people I work with. That's my personal life right there.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I'm still using Facebook. I have no account for linkedin, it's not that popular in our country.

Share on facebook