Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
Building Blog Traffic

Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Building Blog Traffic
    I'm currently working on the outline for a blog that I plan on starting. I want it to be a way to earn a 'passive' income. I'm not having trouble with how to set it up, writing content, and monetizing it. However, my biggest worry is building traffic to it. More importantly the right kind of traffic, i.e. people who have an interest in what the blog says, and thus what is sells. Traffic building has always been one of those things that gives me trouble.

Can anyone suggest some good Internet marketing strategies to build targeted traffic to my blog?

Thanks

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Use the Google AdWords Tool to find some good low competition keywords in your niche. Write some posts that target these keywords and you'll find yourself near the top of the search rankings without having to do much work.

Share on facebook

dollarBLAB | A blog about how to make money online
    Make money online with Neobux | ClixSense | Swagbucks | Ipsos

3. Collapse Details
    Are you active with posting on forums? Insert link to your blog in your signature. It helps if you are popular on those forums you regularly visited. And make sure there's at least enough content on your blog. People usually don't visit a place with little content that much. Which is why it's important to set up a good blog with enough content first.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If you write unique content for your blog, then naturally your targeted audience will build up over time even if you do little to no internet marketing. Of course, there're plenty of ways to speed up the process. You can write related articles on content sites such as HubPages and direct the readers to your blog. Someone mentioned adding a link to your signature when you participate in forums related to your niche, which I think is a viable strategy. Be sure to add social media sharing buttons on your blog, so as to spread the word around.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Promote your site or blog as much as possible anytime and anywhere. Use all the available resources you have whether it is in social media networking, personal advertisement or paying services to check out your blog and direct traffic to your blog.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by t0rnad0 View Post
    Use the Google AdWords Tool to find some good low competition keywords in your niche. Write some posts that target these keywords and you'll find yourself near the top of the search rankings without having to do much work.
    I would also advise this. Whenever I start a new blog or a website for a client, this is one of the lasts steps to perfection. Just let Google scan the site for keywords and see what you can do to get your ranking up.
    Don't invest in visitors using shady sites. Those use bots and don't get you steady visitors. They also don't click on anything which Google tracks.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    How old is your blog? I hope you realise it will take several months for your website to rank and get noticed. Make sure to regularly update your site, I update mine every 2/3 days and it's going good so far.
    Also advertise on social media sites such as facebook, twitter, youtube etc. These can bring in a lot of visitors.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I don't think there is really any "one way" to get blog traffic, and it probably won't prove to serve you some positive income for a good amount of time until you gain some proper momentum, but that's not saying that it isn't achievable especially since a lot of blogs have already taken off and are earning very well for their respective owners. I think the best way to start is to just find a community that appreciates your topic and your style of writing and to build your own community on your blog off of that. If you are looking for your first few viewers, then the default place to look for them would probably be in social sites and forums, but even then you'd have to have some very unique content or style to get some attention. If you are looking to jump-start this process, consider offering an incentive such as prizes and giveaways, and also try to build relationships with other bloggers so they can not only help you get some viewers by backlinking, but also to provide some support because having a community that understands what you are going through is invaluable in many numerous ways.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Social media is the key. If you can just share this everyday to your network then you're set with a good traffic. You also have to maintain a strong content.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    There is no one way. Social media is extremely important. Share your content wherever you can and make sure you encourage others to share it too. Google Plus provides the most referral traffic to my website, closely followed by Pinterest.

I have also found commenting on other sites to be effective, as well as forums like this one! And of course, actually writing good content! Organic traffic is the best traffic you can get. Especially if you are using Adsense.

Share on facebook