Page 2 of 9 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Traffic will not be easy if you are blogging in an already saturated niche. You can use paid traffic for a while to make your site popular at first. Then if the site has picked up, you can switch to free traffic and site optimization.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Get freebies and give them away on your site. Spread the word around on the web and you'll have traffic flocking in for freebies. QUestion would be where would you find freebies? There are lots of free e-books, software, etc on the net. Just look around, find stuff that the surfers you target might like and give it on your site in exchange for subscription to an email newsletter.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by jubvman View Post
    How old is your blog? I hope you realise it will take several months for your website to rank and get noticed. Make sure to regularly update your site, I update mine every 2/3 days and it's going good so far.
    Also advertise on social media sites such as facebook, twitter, youtube etc. These can bring in a lot of visitors.
    The blog is not up yet. I'm currently making a plan for it. I want to monetize it properly and to do this I will be organizing a set plan of creating content etc. I know about SEO and organic search results, and that they will take some time. I'm really looking for ways that will help speed up traffic. Twitter and Facebook are great, but I'm really looking at marketing tips to build all those routes up to direct more traffic. This is the area that always gives me trouble, but I don't want to do anything dodgy. Thanks for your tips.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Promote yourself on social media sites, create lots of backlinks by writing articles about your blog and submitting them to article directories. make sure you do plenty of Keyword research too, that way your blog gets seen. Also make sure you ping it daily because that also helps it be seen.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Sharing/linking content on twitter is a good way to attract followers. Twitter's built-in mechanics does a good job of spreading your name to the people most likely to have an interest in your content. Sometimes it doesn't hurt to comment on other writers' blogs of a similar subject. If given the option, you should always list your website's URL on your profile pages.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    You could post it around Social Media websites and ask people who get a lot of likes to post it on theirs, advertise it around forums and places where a lot of users and ask people to click on your links or ads :blackhat:

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    When setting up a website you need to have an accurate count of how many searches there are for related keywords each month and there are tools available for this. SEO is still as important and this should be a priority after posting some decent content. Social media is your friend and use it wisely. Things like giveaways are now a great way to obtain followers.

One thing I would say, Try and find yourself a top .com domain. Its all well and good posting good content but if your domain is too long and has an obscure suffix then you're never going to make it to the top of the search rankings.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    The best advice I could give you is to promote anywhere online where your target market would notice.

Other social media sites could definitely gain you some recognition and you could build awareness of course by showing off good content that other bloggers don't usually offer.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Social media would be my favorite avenue of building traffic. As well as making sure my content is good, unqiue and SEO optimized.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    All adverting is good advertising, or SEO in this case, so make sure to spread your link around but make it look good, not spammy. Also make sure to post quality engaging content that your users will find relevant. Keep your blog constantly updated via queue (search engines love this) and don't overdo the ads. Build profiles for your blog on social platforms (you can automate posting) and use sites like reddit or digg to submit your links in the relevant sections.

Pay attention to blog optimization, it needs to load fast and be usable on all types of platforms (especially mobile) since no user likes a slow webpage.

Share on facebook