Thread: Home Office

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Home Office
    How is your home office set up?Do you have an actual office or just the kitchen table? I have used both, and have sat in my bathroom floor. From time to time with paperwork scattered around me.I now have an empty bedroom I have converted to an office.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I've always had a dedicated computer desk and area that I work from. It's never been an office with a door, but an area in the house where I can work. My "day" job is 100% home based, which makes the desk an absolute necessity. I can't imagine working from a couch or a dining room table for 2080+ hours a year.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by karmaskeeper View Post
    How is your home office set up?Do you have an actual office or just the kitchen table? I have used both, and have sat in my bathroom floor. From time to time with paperwork scattered around me.I now have an empty bedroom I have converted to an office.
    Right now, I am in an efficiency room without a table, much less a desk. I'm sitting on the bed wrapped in blankets because of the cold. I can work pretty much anywhere, just give me an internet connection and my laptop, or even my smartphone, and I'm set to work all day.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    When I'm on my laptop I usually just sit on my couch. It's not the most effective place to work though so I sometimes move to my desk where I can sit in an upright position and be more focused on what I'm working on. Unfortunately I can't sit in my couch and use the coffetable in front of it since that position hurst both my back in neck after just a few minutes.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have a dedicated part of the living room as my office. When I get stir crazy, I take my laptop to Starbucks.

When I had office space, I rarely got any work done. The other agents weren't focused and there was just too much going on that I found it hard to focus. My production increased once I gave up my office (cubicle).

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    My office or may I say my room and the living room where the thinking happens is very much disorganized. For years I had no decent table even for studying, no library of books which I can refer to, no comfortable chair whatsoever but I managed to keep my life stable for the meantime. The problem is that I'm getting tired of this wasteland and want my life to improve drastically which gets me frustrated easily.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I have a home office and used to work from there solely! Then I got a laptop and love working from my living room! It may get old and I will move back to the office but for now living room it is! I think a change here and there is good for you then just looking at the same walls day in and day out! If you don't have a choice that is one thing but if you do have a choice that is quite another!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    In the early days, I used the same desk for school work, but mixed a few things up. I made a small amount of workspace for myself in the kitchen with a table just for work, but that was a little awkward. Finally moved the table to upstairs in an open room without doors, where it's quiet, and receiving plenty of sunlight. It really gets down to where you feel comfortable, and productive in.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I have a fully equipped office with all the necessary stationery that I need. Most importantly I have internet connection, since I work at home as a freelance writer.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I don't really have an office, just my laptop on the table in the main space in my apartment and and notepad. I like it though, since only share the apartment with my brother there aren't many distractions when I'm getting work done. I guess in the future I might try to get a nicer setup going.

Share on facebook