Page 1 of 31 12311 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Social media marketing
    Hi every one, I am new to marketing.Can any one tell me about social media marketing

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Social media is an excellent method of marketing because it reaches a wide range of people quickly. Mostly everyone uses social media sites like Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, and LinkdIn. First you'll want to make your business a webpage and a Facebook page that can link to one another, then begin posting content and links that will attract your customers and start getting your name and logo out there. I just discovered Facebook also now offers special marketing material that you can pay for monthly, quarterly or semi-annually, so depending on your business these might be of some value to you as well.

The important thing to remember about using social media as a canvass for your marketing is that you have to be as "social" as the customers you are trying to reach. Just because you have created a Facebook or Twitter account doesn't mean you are done. You should be constantly adding things to your pages, uploading pictures and posts with information and content to catch people's eye. People will be quick to forget about you or scroll right past you on their newsfeed if you neglect to post anything meaningful (or at all). The more people see you, your posts, uploads and links, the more you will get out of this as a marketing strategy.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I think social marketing is pretty much just like offline marketing, in that all you can really do is to try to talk to as many people as you can in hopes that enough of them find you interesting enough to visit and talk to you regularly, whether through your social site or through the product or service you offer in your official site. To me, it's only marketing in the way that you are trying to establish your presence and let people know you exist, but I personally see the bulk of this method as just communication and discovery to see which types of people your product or service can appeal to the most, and it just so happens that it can be done a lot more efficiently and with a little less effort by online means. If you apply conventional marketing methods to social sites, there is a big chance that you can succeed, but even then it's only half the battle as your business should still provide the bulk of the reason people will flock to you.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Taru View Post
    I think social marketing is pretty much just like offline marketing, in that all you can really do is to try to talk to as many people as you can in hopes that enough of them find you interesting enough to visit and talk to you regularly, whether through your social site or through the product or service you offer in your official site. To me, it's only marketing in the way that you are trying to establish your presence and let people know you exist, but I personally see the bulk of this method as just communication and discovery to see which types of people your product or service can appeal to the most, and it just so happens that it can be done a lot more efficiently and with a little less effort by online means. If you apply conventional marketing methods to social sites, there is a big chance that you can succeed, but even then it's only half the battle as your business should still provide the bulk of the reason people will flock to you.

This is spot-on. Social media marketing is just like offline. put your best face on and go get em\

Share on facebook

Jake Miller
    Founder, CEO
    Miller Marketing Group
    www.millermarketingroup.com

5. Collapse Details
    Social Media Marketing is aimed at getting traffic to your web-site/blog from "social networks." This is done through creation of content which can be shared [that's the real target of SMM] by social media users and hopefully those who get it share it with others.

Sometimes to get the buzz going, you can pay people to share your content on social networking sites. Whether others will share it is dependent on how good your content is. So, to be succesful at SMM, you have to write great content.

Share on facebook

Last edited by Rainman; 02-14-2014 at 11:03 PM.

6. Collapse Details
    Hello Friends,
    Social Media Marketing is the way to gain popularity about your business and promote your business through social media sites. These are the best platform to get popularity. So use social media network and increase your business.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Since the others have already define social media marketing really well, I would instead share my experiences in getting traffic to my blog from social networks. It certainly takes a lot of time and effort to build a social presence.

I created my Facebook page in 2013, and have made it a point to create at least 1 post everyday. I would also make sure to reply to any questions that my readers post on my page. The statistics that Facebook offer are invaluable, allowing you to develop a strategy that attracts the most readerhsip. As Taru has mentioned, at the end of the day it's all about effective communication.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You can find a lot of information about how to use social media to expand your business reach online. There are excellent guides, books, videos, ... available online that guide you in the right direction. Something to think about it what kind of target audience you have and to make sure that you select the right social media to reach that audience.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    To be found on the internet you must be in all the places people will be looking for you and Social Media is one of those platforms that people look at to get a better idea of you and your business. Online directories is another place you want to make sure you can be found Merchant Circle is a good place to place your information along with a good profile of yourself and your business.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Social media marketing is where you could promote and advertise your business with the use of facebook, twitter and other social media sites. It has been proven effective. Just do it diligently and you will see results.

Share on facebook