Page 1 of 5 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Books everyone should read
    Hi guys,

I'm going to start getting my knowledge of the investment market up. I'm thinking about reading some books in my spare time.
    I have started reading one book that is advised everyone around the world.

The book is called "A random walk down Wall Street".
    A link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Random-Walk-Do.../dp/0393330338

I haven't read that much yet but it looks like a great book.

Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk. This book is more about "Getting rich slowly but guaranteed".

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Seems like a good read from what I gather, mostly good reviews. I might grab it since more training in the field of finance could prove useful in the long run. And now that you mentioned books I just remembered about Benjamin Graham's "The Intelligent Investor". It's one of Warren Buffett's favorite books and was written by one of his teachers.

Good luck when you start reading your book! 464 pages of investment knowledge will take some time, but it'll be worth it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I just found a free version of this book at this link. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=RCXWWAE3
    It's not a bad book, ideas that bring wealth creation are always good. Just remember that all these ideas are based on the opinions of one individual so what worked for them does not necessarily mean it will work for you. Just try to absorb the useful information that you can implement on your current success plan.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Books are always great for learning. I personally haven't read a single investing book since I prefer to learn on my own, but a lot of the other investors I talk to recommend reading at least 3 books by different authors to get a general idea of how it works.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by alec View Post
    Seems like a good read from what I gather, mostly good reviews. I might grab it since more training in the field of finance could prove useful in the long run. And now that you mentioned books I just remembered about Benjamin Graham's "The Intelligent Investor". It's one of Warren Buffett's favorite books and was written by one of his teachers.

Good luck when you start reading your book! 464 pages of investment knowledge will take some time, but it'll be worth it.
    I have read it and its a great book!

I would add the Peter Lynch trio of books for reading! (You can skip Learn to Earn if you have basic understanding of the stock market though!)

He is a growth based investor.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    I have read it and its a great book!

I would add the Peter Lynch trio of books for reading! (You can skip Learn to Earn if you have basic understanding of the stock market though!)

He is a growth based investor.
    You beat me to the punch. I am a big fan of Peter Lynch's investment strategies especially the "invest in what you know".
    "Beating the Street" is one of my favorites.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikka254 View Post
    I just found a free version of this book at this link. http://www.epubbud.com/book.php?g=RCXWWAE3
    It's not a bad book, ideas that bring wealth creation are always good. Just remember that all these ideas are based on the opinions of one individual so what worked for them does not necessarily mean it will work for you. Just try to absorb the useful information that you can implement on your current success plan.
    Thanks for the link! I realize that I couldn't achieve much with only my current knowledge. That's why I always try to read more and more from forums, books, and articles in general. And then there's the part that you put your knowledge into practical use. Sometimes it doesn't work right away and you need practices to develop the skills to do something right.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I am a big fan of reading in general. So many topics get interrelated through books. I really do believe knowledge is cumulative and power! Love the classic 'Think & Grow Rich'!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    The reviews look too good to turn this book down. I'm going to get started right away!

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    The best book I've ever read is ' 7 Habits of Effective People' . This book has not only saved companies but loads of marriages and families! Its simple but transforming information that you can use in every facet of your life! For your small business, it will help you deal with employee issues and make better decisions!

Share on facebook