Page 2 of 6 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by TaraC View Post
    You beat me to the punch. I am a big fan of Peter Lynch's investment strategies especially the "invest in what you know".
    "Beating the Street" is one of my favorites.
    Yeah mine too! His strategy is great and the books are really fun to read, one of my favourite investors!

The other great book I read about investing is The Intelligent Investor.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I have read the books of Robert Kiyosaki, who happen to be not a great fan of the Stock Market and often times negate so many concepts that I learned from the school and experience.. I don't blame him for that nor agree to what he has written there. I do also read some financial books and read quite a few digital books related to investment.. I am just fascinated with the fact that you are able to see different theories and varying ideas from many different authors.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    Yeah mine too! His strategy is great and the books are really fun to read, one of my favourite investors!

The other great book I read about investing is The Intelligent Investor.
    It seems the books of Peter Lynch are pretty popular. I'll check them out and see if they are really as good as people say they are. I'll also try to find some time to read The Intelligent Investor.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    I have read the books of Robert Kiyosaki, who happen to be not a great fan of the Stock Market and often times negate so many concepts that I learned from the school and experience.. I don't blame him for that nor agree to what he has written there. I do also read some financial books and read quite a few digital books related to investment.. I am just fascinated with the fact that you are able to see different theories and varying ideas from many different authors.
    I dont agree with some of his advice but the basic things in his books rich dad poor dad are great fundamental things in acquiring wealth.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I just started reading this, it's actually pretty useful. Got it on amazon ebook. Thanks for sharing, I'll let you all know my final thoughts when I've finished reading it.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Thanks for the information. The book generally has positive feedbacks and I am definitely going to check it out. On side note, the best book I read before was "My Dad is A Carpenter". I would recommend it for people to get more motivated in your business.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Anything by Alexander Elder, he is a professional stock trader that, just like many of us, started small, but now he is very rich. His books are good for both new investors and experienced ones. I really enjoyed Trading for a Living, it taught me a lot about the stock market and I hope that you will learn from it too.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by WeDontSleep View Post
    Anything by Alexander Elder, he is a professional stock trader that, just like many of us, started small, but now he is very rich. His books are good for both new investors and experienced ones. I really enjoyed Trading for a Living, it taught me a lot about the stock market and I hope that you will learn from it too.
    Thanks alot. I was thinking about which book to read next and this will be the one!

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Not a book, but the board game CashFlow. I hear a lot of good things from that little piece of cardboard. From what I can observe (haven't actually played it personally, just spectated), it's basically a board game that tries to simulate real life decisions and situations like allowing you to acquire business, sell them, even get married(if you get divorced, you often lose all your money in the game). It supposedly helps you build the mindset of a business man and successful risk takers. For anyone looking to get into business, it might be something worth looking into

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Investors are bound to have heard about this classic and it’s author, economist Burton Malkiel. In this book, he explains that the market is highly efficient, and no one can accurately predict its ups and downs; it’s a “random walk”. So, the best approach is passive, “buy and hold” investing using diversified index funds held long term. I recommend this book to investors of any level, especially those attracted to active, speculative investing.

Share on facebook