Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I enjoyed the book, "Rich Dad Poor Dad" by Robert Kiyosaki. It's a book that advocates financial independence and building wealth through investing, real estate investing, starting and owning businesses, as well as increasing one's financial intelligence. It was quite an eye opener for me!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by delusional View Post
    Hi guys,

I'm going to start getting my knowledge of the investment market up. I'm thinking about reading some books in my spare time.
    I have started reading one book that is advised everyone around the world.

The book is called "A random walk down Wall Street".
    A link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Random-Walk-Do.../dp/0393330338

I haven't read that much yet but it looks like a great book.

Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk. This book is more about "Getting rich slowly but guaranteed".
    Thanks for sharing the link. Indeed, a book cannot make you rich. But yes, it can gear you in the right direction; provided that you have the willingness and the discipline to apply the good strategies outlined in these good books.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Francisco23 View Post
    Thanks for sharing the link. Indeed, a book cannot make you rich. But yes, it can gear you in the right direction; provided that you have the willingness and the discipline to apply the good strategies outlined in these good books.
    This is exactly tru! I often think of great advice I got from some of these books. Its important to learn from the mistakes of others.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk.
    This isn't necessarily true, it happens all the time especially today in the high tech, fast moving world.
    Sometimes people can go years studying, learning the markets and can calculate when the precise time to enter and exit a certain market and makes huge amounts of wealth.
    For example, in my opinion it is the perfect time right now (in the United States anyway) to purchase real estate. There's a real estate bubble coming soon in the next few years, if you buy and hold now and then sell when the market is near its' peak you will likely set yourself up for a heft profit.

It doesn't matter how much money you make, but how much you keep that counts.

I recommend everyone read The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, the principles in this book has literally changed hundreds of thousands of peoples lives as well as mine.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DarioEM View Post
    This isn't necessarily true, it happens all the time especially today in the high tech, fast moving world.
    Sometimes people can go years studying, learning the markets and can calculate when the precise time to enter and exit a certain market and makes huge amounts of wealth.
    For example, in my opinion it is the perfect time right now (in the United States anyway) to purchase real estate. There's a real estate bubble coming soon in the next few years, if you buy and hold now and then sell when the market is near its' peak you will likely set yourself up for a heft profit.

It doesn't matter how much money you make, but how much you keep that counts.

I recommend everyone read The Richest Man in Babylon by George S. Clason, the principles in this book has literally changed hundreds of thousands of peoples lives as well as mine.
    I read the richest man in babyloon and it is truly a great book. I also agree with you that you can get rich quickly without huge risks, you just need skill and a bit of luck. I also agree on the real estate.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I agree with you. It is really a nice book to read. It has very useful information.
    Hi guys,

I'm going to start getting my knowledge of the investment market up. I'm thinking about reading some books in my spare time.
    I have started reading one book that is advised everyone around the world.

The book is called "A random walk down Wall Street".
    A link to the book on Amazon: http://www.amazon.com/Random-Walk-Do.../dp/0393330338

I haven't read that much yet but it looks like a great book.

Don't expect to get rich quick. Getting rich quick means there is a lot of risk. This book is more about "Getting rich slowly but guaranteed".

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Thanks for sharing this.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Books are always great for learning. I personally haven't read a single investing book since I prefer to learn on my own, but a lot of the other investors I talk to recommend reading at least 3 books by different authors to get a general idea of how it works.
    I agree with you I too like to read the book, there are many books I read relevant to business and other.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    "Rich Dad, Poor Dad" Robert Kiyosaki = better than The Bible.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    We recommend The Intelligent Investor. A lot of people have been paying attention to this one since it came out in 2006 and is on a lot of people's Amazon wishlists.

Share on facebook

Shield Funding is an alternative lender specializing in bad credit business loans with a focus on several industries including hospitality, restaurants, dental & medical offices, salons and groceries. https://shieldfunding.com/