Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Standard Operating Procedure (SOP)
    Hi,

We're in the process of restructuring a lot of our business. It's a mom and pop retail store that has outgrown it's ability to be completely run by mom and pop. To run more efficiently, we've had a number of people tell us to create an SOP. Does anybody have one of these in place at the their business? If so, how does it work and what sorts of things do you include in it? If you need more information or clarification, let me know. Thanks!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    SOPs are essential for businesses! We have a large number of them and it helps greatly.

SOPs can help explain complex procedures in a way that employees at different levels of experience and skill will not get overwhelmed by the details of a task.

For small businesses, SOPs are best written by someone who has intimate knowlede of the process you'd like to "standardize"

What I do: Start doing the process like normal, and as you are doing it, write down the steps one by one. Inlclude all important, and not so important details, and explain the process as best as possible. Don't leave any steps out, make sure everything is there!

In technical writing you don't have to be creative, just explain things clearly and as easily as possible.

My company uses SOPs for things that will be repeated by a number of employees, at varying skill levels. We have SOPs for things like creating new hosting accounts, making company images, how to enter transactions into the accounting software, how to enter informatin into software, etc.

SOPs can really aid your business, if you are a small business adn think you don't need them, guess again.

If you have any questions please let me know.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I’m glad to hear that your business is growing, that’s great news! I defiantly think a SOP is an essential part of running a successful business, regardless of size. We developed ours prior to launching late last year. I found that in addition to keeping everyone organized it allowed us to come up with a plan on where we would like to go in the future. You can actually find templates online which make developing a program for your company very simple.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    SOP is essential and it consists of four parts - Safety, Quality SOP, cost SOP and delivery SOP

Share on facebook

Affordable and professional cleaning services by AB Cleaning Now London

5. Collapse Details
    Whether you have it on a book or not - I am sure you have something to consider as the Standard Operating Procedure, specially if you you just started your business. But in making sure that you will be able to keep and maintain the standard across all the areas of your business and allow it to expand, you have to document those procedures into a STANDARD OPERATIONS MANUAL. Indeed, there are so many areas that this manual should have and covered. Since businesses may operate for 5 years or more, this manual will also guide your future managers to keep it operational.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, it will be very useful that you have an SOP to follow in your operations. This will ensure that there are no exceptions and although it is just a mom and pop shop, everyone will remain disciplined and focused on the business. You should set forth particular targets and have a definite way of achieving those targets.

Also, when you have an SOP, it will be very easy to see if there are deviations that may lead to mistakes. You are able to act upon these types of problems right away, before it gets worse.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think the key point is to make sure all of your SOP's are extremely easy to comprehend across all levels of the organization. I have worked for way too many companies with endless SOP's that not even the CEO understood. I would say your best is to simplify it about 5-10 times before you actually finalize it. Good luck!

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    SOP are important to run a business smoothly.A planning can make the business easy to run and understand.SOP is used at the all levels of business.Make efforts and try to make your business on the top. All the best.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    really happy of your company's growth

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I am pleased to know that your company keeps increasing, that is amazing information! I defiantly presume that a SOP can be definitely an fundamental portion of conducting a thriving organization, no matter measurement. We made ours before to launch late this past calendar year. I discovered along with keeping all coordinated it enabled us to produce an agenda on which we'd love to really go later on. You may actually uncover templates on line that can make developing an app for the corporation very easy.

Share on facebook