Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
X-Deal Agreement

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    X-Deal Agreement
    There are some businesses who engage in exchange deals and they are quite happy about it. But do you consider this a good business practice? Why and why not?

sorry guys, this is the best explanation I got from google. http://waystomakealiving.com/doing-the-x-deal-2/

* credit to the owner of the blog.

Share on facebook

Last edited by owesem75; 02-19-2014 at 01:27 PM.

2. Collapse Details
    Never actually heard about this. What do you mean by 'exchange deals'?

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Are you talking about swapping products? I have never tried this yet. Or selling deals per se? I don't think exchanging deals for business is conventional thus not much people have heard of it or have tried to go through these kinds of businesses. I would rather go for reselling products or acting as a middleman for customers since you can dictate pretty much the prices that you want them to get.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I think it's okay as a secondary means of exchange, and probably even in some cases, it would be better to have it as a primary. It may be best to see it as a case to case basis, as some assets are more easily liquidated than others, and in my opinion, it's very important to have ability to liquidate as much as possible. Also, there are some assets that are best kept as they are instead of turning them into cash, in which case, it would be a good thing to acquire it for a lower price than you would have paid for had you chosen to go through the normal route which is to actually pay for the product.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Yeah I've never heard about this either. How does it even start and on what basis? How does it work?

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    There is something similar to this on Facebook now. They call them vendor trains. I have not tried one yet, but I am considering it. I have had a couple of people tell me it worked out well for them. There are different kinds though. The few I have looked into either have you buy a certain amount (say $20 for instance) then you are the next person on the 'train' and the next person buys $20 from you. I do not see how this would help you out very much. But I have also seen some that have you buy the required dollar amount, and then everyone else on that particular 'train' buys from you. So you end up with $150-$250 in sales. I think this may be helpful if you are with a company that has quotas or if you are just starting.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Hello guys, I never realized that x-deal is not popular to many people and I am sorry for not being able to explain it further. I actually saw this website and though of asking our friends here about their thought. This is a blog site and I do not own this, so credit to the owner of this blog.. but he very explained what an "x-deal" is call about.

Here is the link: http://waystomakealiving.com/doing-the-x-deal-2/

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by caveman View Post
    Yeah I've never heard about this either. How does it even start and on what basis? How does it work?
    It works by two people exchanging their services or products with each other thus eliminating the need to spend money on said service or product. For example, if I were a seller of gadgets, I could then just offer a gadget to a colleague who is an interior designer and he or she could design my room for the price of the gadget. This is seen as a good deal because the person who will get the gadget from me won't have to pay the retail price, and I in turn don't also have to worry anymore about paying full retail price for his or her design service and instead I could just spend what I spent on capital which is a lot lower than what I would have paid for full retail.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    For me, those X deals are good for events. Of course, everyone wants something return for something else. If you want to have an X deal with one company, just explain to them what benefits they will get out of the exchange so they'll like the idea. Just make sure that the value of the X deal is the same so you won't feel cheated afterward.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    Hello guys, I never realized that x-deal is not popular to many people and I am sorry for not being able to explain it further. I actually saw this website and though of asking our friends here about their thought. This is a blog site and I do not own this, so credit to the owner of this blog.. but he very explained what an "x-deal" is call about.

Here is the link: http://waystomakealiving.com/doing-the-x-deal-2/
    Maybe the term "X-Deal" is not popular but the method is. X-deal is simply barter trade or swapping of products/services
    with one another with no cash involved (usually). I've done this a lot of times but only with really close friends whom I don't want to charge for my web development services. Like setting-up a Wordpress blog for a cup of coffee and slice of cake. Seemed like I'm on the loosing end of the deal but just like what I've said - I'm only doing this with really close friends.

Share on facebook