1. Collapse Details
    Help with naming my business?
    Hello everyone! I've been wanting to start an electrical and mechanical manufacturing business for a while now but I can't seem to think of a proper name. I've already filed for an LLC in my state but I hate the name I chose as it doesn't describe what I want to do well at all!

First a little background: I'm starting out with very little money (maybe a couple thousand) so right now I've been doing mostly electrical work. That means doing printed circuit board layouts, reworking PCB's with hand soldering equipment, making wire harnesses and doing small box builds. I don't even have a shop, just working out of my apartment. So far I've made only about $800 doing prototypes and the like. Later I plan to expand the scope of my work to mechanical things such as machining (which requires expensive machines and a shop).

I've decided that I want to use my last name in the name even though this is usually considered a bad idea, but it seems that most companies that are in this field are just someones last name. Since this is an industrial service company I think choosing something fanciful (like Zillow or Flickr) would just be asinine. I do like the idea of using a mashup of two words that symbolize what you do, but I'd like to leave it open ended in case the scope of the work does change.

The current name is "Gacek Mfg. LLC" which is not great. Also since I'm doing board layouts and prototypes, it's misleading since I'm not manufacturing anything.

Some other ideas are:
    Gacek Electrical Services LLC
    Gacek Electric Services LLC (sounds like a power company)
    Gacek Electrical Manufacturing LLC (too long)

Also, I'm not dead set on the last name thing. Asking family and friends just gets me an "I dont know..."

I'm open to hearing any comments, criticism, or suggestions!

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I think it should be small,unique and easy to speak Like Gacek Electo LLC

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    If you want to be a big brand. then you should choose a unique name.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have my own company even though its just me and I use Raines Insurance Group, I like just Gacek Electrical Group. Gives you a name that actually sounds like you can or do other things besides electrical. You could also advertise with a tag line such as "when you need electrical work done fast think GACEK"

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Since you're doing Electric & Mechanical manufacturing, these are just off the top of my head:

E&M Manufacturing, LLC

ElectroMech Manufacturing, LLC

What about GEM Manufacturing, LLC? GEM for Gacek Electrical & Mechanical?

Just a few.

Share on facebook