I am looking to start a small event company as a part-time gig for me. When I say part-time, I am not looking to do any more than two events per month. I am still structuring my business plan and am stuck in a rut with how to assemble and hire my management team. As owner, I will be the Event Planner and Chef. A key hire for me would be an Event Manager, someone that will help carry out my vision for the event, manage servers as well as possibly playing Host for the event party. My question is should I hire this position as a full-time employee, part-time employee or contractor? This position has to be in constant communication with me leading up to each event. However, paying this person depends on each event. Therefore, I am leaning on setting this position as being a monthly contractor, paying them only on a two event/month basis. How would you break down pay accordingly and write up the contract? Thoughts, suggestions, opinions? I'll take anything you guys have to offer. Thanks in advance.