1. Collapse Details
    Outsourcing Work
    Greetings,

I will start off by apologizing if this isn't the right location for this post. I tried to search for similar topics, but couldn't find anything for my specific questions. I am in the process of starting an embroidery company. The plan is to embroider hats, shirts, patches, etc. Currently, I solely have done design work for a lot of clients who have gotten my designs embroidered. I would like to start doing my own embroidering, but would like to build a clientele base prior to spending the money on the necessary equipment. For now I would like to outsource all my embroidering needs to another company, but do no know the legalities behind it. If a client sends me a design and I just send it to the embroidery company, I wouldn't really play a role other than essentially being a middleman.

My main questions are, how do I do this legally? Do I need to let a client know that the embroidery work isn't mine, but another company? Do I need to let the embroidery company know that I am selling their product to someone else, but under my name?

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

Thanks in advance,

CJ

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You should go through some legal procedures before you go ahead with it.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    It depends on how you build it. If you have a contract with the company to which you outsource your work you will lay down all conditions there - whether your function is just representation and you only receive a percentage of the paid amount or it may be formulated in a way that points you as the "Customer". In the latter option you will have to provide if the end product can be re-sold without paying royalties for the design. You will truly need a lawyer who can make this case specific. Hope this gave you a taste of what you should expect

Share on facebook

There is much to be done.