Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    GoDaddy vs HostGator or others: Who to go for?
    Hi
    So I have been hosting my site via some local hosting that is driving me insane. They have a down time of about 60% compared to the supposed promised 90% up time. I now want to get rid of them and move on to a better hosting service.
    I have done some good amount of research online and as I wind it all up, I need to get first hand information from anyone who has used these two hosts (or any better one) to assist me make the decision. Which one should I go to

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I am not a fan of GoDaddy, but I have never done any hosting with them.

I have my websites hosted with Hostgator. I have had excellent service up until last year. I haven't had much downtime, but my confidence with them has been shaken. They were bought out last year and the service hasn't been up to previous years. I'm still with them because I had such good service with them, but I am honestly thinking about moving.

I do recommend that you stay away from 1 and 1 Hosting.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by justSaying View Post
    Hi
    So I have been hosting my site via some local hosting that is driving me insane. They have a down time of about 60% compared to the supposed promised 90% up time. I now want to get rid of them and move on to a better hosting service.
    I have done some good amount of research online and as I wind it all up, I need to get first hand information from anyone who has used these two hosts (or any better one) to assist me make the decision. Which one should I go to
    one thing that will have a significant bearing on your choice is what kind of hosting it is.

shared hosting: if you have a VERY small site, shared hosting is ok. much more than that, and youll want to upgrade.

VPS (virtual private server). essentially, you get a dedicated piece of a physical server, which is divided between customers. unlike a shared host, where one site can ruin performance or uptime of the others on the server, all of the resources (ram, cpu, hard drive access) are divided between the VPSs on the server. there is also potential for reduced downtime in the event of maintenance or failure, because they can just move the vps to another server. a VPS can also be very cheap.

Dedicated: for EXTREMELY large sites. you get all the power and storage you could want, but it comes at a cost. if something goes wrong, it might take longer to bring back up, and a dedicated server is awfully expensive.

between the VPS and Dedicated, there are also managed and un-managed systems:
    managed servers are controlled by another person, typically an expert at the host company.
    un-managed servers are controlled by the customer. ie: you, this gives flexibility at the cost of being harder to use.

which kind of service you want will impact your choice greatly, a company may have great uptime and hardware, but poor managed services. another may have less uptime and slower hardware, but great support.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    come check out my hosting plans at domains.averysystems.net My prices out do that of the major competitors but provide same quality products and services. Tech support is 24/7 via email or phone and is all US based. if you enter promo code SMALLBIZ at check out you can save an additional 10% off and this is good for all products including sale items. There is no min purchase needed. If you have any questions let me know.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    HostGator is providing the best hosting services.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I've had experience with GoDaddy, and I wasn't very pleased with their customer service as I had to work a good amount to get some of my questions answered. It also seems that it's pretty much a common consensus among most people who have had experience with them and whenever I asked this similar question, I always did get advised against using GD because of the poor customer service and the constant up-selling. I still think they are still both alright, though, as they do get the job done, but if it were me, I'd just go with HostGator.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I've used both but prefer GoDaddy mostly due to the pricing. They're always coming up with new promotions which make it really affordable.
    Last year I hosted my websites with them for around 9 months and the downtime was minimum, I only noticed it once.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    You should avoid godaddy instead. I have experienced their services back then and the only good in them is thier domain registrar and even this, I still wanted to move my domains to namecheap.

If I have to chose between the two, I'd go for Hostgator because they're reputable in a way. They've been in the business for so long and I guess this made them a great provider for lots of people under them.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    according to me no such a differences between host gator and go daddy so I will go with go-daddy.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    HostGator and Godaddy is very much alike with respect to plans and prices that it has to offer. HostGator has three Plans, namely Hatchling, Baby and Business. Godaddy features similar plans to HostGator namely Economy, Deluxe and Unlimited. Economy Plan comes with single domain and 100 GB disk space, the other two plans come with unlimited disk space and domains.
    HostGator uses cPanel as its control panel. cPanel is the most commonly used control panel due to its simplicity and easy to use feature. Whereas Godaddy gives us the option of choosing our control panel between cPanel and Plesk. Plesk is the second most popular control panel and has the ability to run on both Linux and Windows OS.

I am using godaddy from long times and their service is really good and fast.

Share on facebook