Page 4 of 5 FirstFirst ... 2345 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    HostGator and GoDaddy both promise a high uptime of 99.99% each month. HostGator uses Linux x86 CentOS 6 64-bit operating systems, while its servers run on Dual Xeon E5520 2.26 GHz Quad Core processors. GoDaddy provides customers the choice of choosing between Linux and Windows OS before signing up. And their servers run on Intel Core i7 processors.

Recently, there have been many outages regarding the uptime of GoDaddy, which has caused many customers to become outraged and drop their service. I personally feel that they are still an excellent domain registrar, but donít provide great quality when it comes to web hosting service

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    i like goddady

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I would recommend a company called LCN - they have really good support when needed.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I prefer to buy domain from Godaddy or BigRock. But for hosting I would like to recommend HostGator or Namecheap. I bought shared hosting from Namecheap for my ecommerce website.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I prefer Godaddy always as their services are so good. Its also a huge company.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    If I specifically talk about Godaddy & Hostgator, My vote will go to Godaddy.
    Reasons ....

1. Godaddy is affordable.
    2. You get local support in most countries where Godaddy has an office.
    3. Their servers are fast compared to Hostgator.
    4. They're more reliable.

I have been using Godaddy since past 3 years and I am quite satisfied with their services.

Share on facebook

Last edited by rjrocker; 06-26-2016 at 10:36 AM.

7. Collapse Details
    I prefer to buy domain form HostGator. Each time I will get good deal.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    90% up time doesn't sound great!

90% = 36.5 days per year downtime
    99% = 3 days 15 hours per year
    99.9% = 8 hours 45 minutes
    99.99 = 52 minutes
    99.999% = 5 minutes

I've always used GoDaddy for registering domains as they're one of the cheapest around and the control panel is easy to use. Not used them for hosting but they seem to have a good reputation.

If you can look after the server yourself them Amazon Web Services is very good. I'm UK based and needed a server in the USA to host a website that shows school calendars and found that AWS offer a 'Free Tier' server for 12 months. In essence you can run a virtual machine for 12 months for free (it's basic - 2Gb RAM) but the up-time is good and for our needs it's fine even though the specs are low. If you can get away with a WordPress site then they offer images of servers already set up with WordPress installed.

You can even get a Windows based machine for free for the first 12 months if that could help - just filter for "Free Tier eligible" virtual machines and see what options they have available.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I think Godaddy is best for domain and hosting. Can you try it.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I never tried Godaddy for hosting but I have heard and worked on few website which are hosted there. Seems like everything same as any other CPanel. I have been using hostgator my own websites since many years and it works great for me and I am a big fan of this hosting because what it offer in small budget. My websites were never compromised and very less had to deal with technical support. But one thing I have noticed about Godaddy that I don't get to see in Hostgator that one can share hs entire account without sharing their login details if the other person also have Godaddy account. It is definitely very much protective method for anyone who wants to share the details if any designer or developers has to work on your website.

Share on facebook