Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
How effective is direct mail marketing?

Page 1 of 9 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    How effective is direct mail marketing?
    Be it online [sending emails to prospective customers/clients] or offline, you're counting on the copy you write to help you make a sell. Supposing you have a longish list of people who've expressed interest in your products; can you actually succeed in getting them buy what you're offering as opposed to actually calling them up and attempting to sell to them directly over the phone?

Question is: is direct mail marketing as effective as tele-marketing?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    No it is not. There are 2 sides to the story. One side is that it is easier to sell a product if you can really talk to the person and give personal advice. The other side is that you can't show a picture or direct someone to a site on the phone.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    No, I mean you are planting a seed that way... but what kind of seed do you want to plant. If its for customers you have had before, I think that would be effective. For new business, not so much. First thing I do is toss junk mail. What about you?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Direct mail can be very effective if properly targeted, but you need to decide if you have the right message for the medium. Most people throw away anything that looks like junk mail, so if you don't have anything valuable to say, it's going to look like junk and treated as such. Focus your message, learn what your customers want, and be sure that putting a physical piece of paper in their hands is the best way to connect them to your brand---if you do that, direct mail is one of the best forms of marketing.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    For people who love to find out things on their own, mail-marketing is suitable as they can take time to research more if they are interested. But there's another group who prefer a go-to guy to ask about just anything about a service or product. For this group, telemarketing seems to be the better choice. So I think in the end it depends on what products or services you are offering and what's the target audience or group.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think email marketing can prove to be just as effective, maybe even more, if the customer has previously shown interest in your products. Internet marketers say that one of the most profitable things you can help is a targeted email list.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    That depends. For close friends and those who trust you completely you could just call them and offer them your product. Some strangers also buy into the sales talk over the phone. But for most people, they do not trust people who are selling on the phone specially since they have no idea who the person is. So before you do what you intend to, you better make sure that the people you are calling know you or are aware of your persona.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I've never used either, but I'd venture a guess that telemarketing might be more effective than direct mail, just because mail is a lot more easily dismissed and ignored. Also, telemarketing gives potential customers someone to talk to which makes the relationship a little more personal, so even if both probably won't count for a bulk of monthly sales, I'd still most likely choose telemarketing over direct mail selling. Again, this is only my guess, but I'd equate direct mail marketing to flyer marketing almost.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Direct mail marketing is a form of marketing in which pamphlets are sent to the general public by means of snail mail. It used to be a popular mode of advertising before the advent of print and electronic media. This mode is not too effective nowadays because people rarely spend time in going through the pamphlets sent to them by mail. Instead, I would recommend marketing your product on the internet.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Depends on where youre from I guess. Where im from, basic snail mail was never all that big too begin with. Then technology comes in and turns the whole thing on its head. It seems mobile marketing via social media and apps is the way to go.

Share on facebook