Page 2 of 11 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Honestly, email and direct mail marketing is only effective if it doesn't look cheap. If it looks cheap and the offer is too good to be true, people often think it's a scam.

I often disregard emails and direct mail that look like spam and I'll never know if their product or service was legit or not. I don't trust anything that looks cheap.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't think direct mail is worth its cost these days. Most people I know get junk mail and it goes straight into the recycling box. Yes it may plant a seed but so would an email or a website ad. In my opinion there are better ways out there today.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I don't think it's effective at all, since you need to find the mail addresses. You should try other ways of advertising, believe me.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Try "not at all"? Nobody pays the slightest bit of attention to spam, junk mail or pamphlets. If anything, it gives your company a bad name. There are far, far better alternatives.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Let me give you a latest stats that I came across in a news website.
    Data from the Direct Marketing Association benchmarks say that direct mail still reigns supreme, offering response rates of 1.1 to 1.4% versus 0.03% for email, 0.04% for internet display ads and 0.22% for paid search.
    Direct mail marketing are doing great and it is effective when you change the techniques according to the market. I assure you that DM is definitely not a quick response type, you need to give it some time and it will give you a great ROI.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    It all depends on your relationship with the customers on the email list. If you have established a good relationship with them, maybe they have bought something from you already and was happy with the deal? or maybe they have responded to you before? If so, trust is already established and you do not have to proof of you telling them the truth.

If you do not have a relationship with them (meaning; you only got their email adress info), you cannot expect a lot back. It all depends on WHAT and WHY you make your campaign, what is it that you want to say to them? It's hard to answer this question without more details.
    Maybe you want people to be more aware of your brand? If so, do not try to sell things via email, just have once sentence that they can see without opening your email - a good and promising sentence that represents your brand.

If you want to sell, it's pretty much the same, but you need to know details on your customers, age, profession, their NEED and their BEHAVIOR. If you know that, you can push their buttons. I think you get my overall point.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Email marketing best , because email marketing is the best way to make clients easily

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I think that direct mail marketing could work if you wrote great copy that enticed people to actually open the sales letter instead of simply throwing it away. At least that way you know that your message reached a certain amount of people's eyes instead of being sorted out by an e-mail spam filter. Probably the best route is a three pronged attack, utilizing direct mail, email, and telemarketing for maximum coverage.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    These days that type of marketing is not that effective. People tend to like to interact through social media sites but not email marketing this is simply because business owners tend to spam their customers with promotional products.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I don't think direct mail is an effective selling tool because as others have said, it lacks that human touch. Even if your mailer is well worded, straight to the point, and very eye-catching, there's something about a conversation that sticks positively in our minds and gives us a sense that this business is run by a person, not a faceless corporation.

I would use direct mail marketing to catch the eye of prospective customers in order to direct them to your website, or give them a number to call for further information, but it probably wouldn't make sense to people who have already reached that point. If they are already ready to move forward and buy, it has to be up to you and your people skills and salesmanship in a meaningful person-to-person way to take it the rest of the way and close the deal.

Share on facebook