Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Customer Retention Tips
    For any business customers are important, and this is why we're here reading about marketing and advertising. But once you made someone your customer it's important to make sure that when she/he needs another similar product buys from you again.

What ways, apart from quality service and products, are there to keep a customer returning?

A few examples: places that give you free peanuts with your drinks, MCdonalds with their toys, free parking, free samples etc. When a business does any of this the chances of you returning there are higher. What similar things do you know about, do, or want to do?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    The best advice I can give is to give out loyalty cards. They work.

Trust me, people always want that freebie or discount card once they finish loyalty cards. Customers like the feeling of obtaining a freebie at the end or having that feeling of saving because of getting a discount.

This not only builds loyal customers, it also establishes a strong relationship with new customers.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Very good advice, thank you! I've seen hypermarkets do this, and while I did not use the discount cards, most people did. I guess the money loss via discounts will be made back quickly via increased sales volume. And this gave me another idea. Maybe I can print some sort of coupon that says: "Use this until 22 February 2014 and you'll get 2$ off your purchase". But make this offer available only for purchases over 50$. A limited time offer together with a discount will drive more people to my store. Then repeat this at random times in different months.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by angelicagapit View Post
    The best advice I can give is to give out loyalty cards. They work.

Trust me, people always want that freebie or discount card once they finish loyalty cards. Customers like the feeling of obtaining a freebie at the end or having that feeling of saving because of getting a discount.

This not only builds loyal customers, it also establishes a strong relationship with new customers.
    I absolutely concur. My car wash abuses this to no end. Done with 1 card? Heres another empty so youre going to feel the need to fill it up all over again!

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    When I was an insurance agent, I needed to stay in contact with my clients to increase my renewals, reduce poaching from other agents and referrals. I sent out a bi-monthly newsletter. I also sent out birthday cards for my clients and their kids (if they had any), holiday cards and wedding anniversaries. I also have a blog that was updated with new industry news and customer tips.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Yes, building a mailing list and sending a newsletter sounds good! I remember reading once about a postman that sent Christmas cards in the neighborhoods he worked in and the feedback was great. It was some sort of silly picture of him looking cool along with a greeting message, different one each yer. To find out about birthday and wedding anniversaries I guess you must be in a specific business where you interact more with the clients to make such information available, like in your case, insurance.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Yes. Promotions are one way to get the customers from coming back. Attitude and having a pleasant personality can also attract customers. People like it when they are treated nicely and are treated with uttermost respect. Employees with good attitude and a pleasing personality can definitely give a boost to the morale of the business. Promotions like I've said and other propaganda can really increase your chances of catching the attention of your customers. They will want to grab free stuff and good service at the same time. Use this tips in boosting your business and you will never go wrong.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Promotions and discounts are one of the best ways to retain your customers. You'll want them to feel like they are wanted and something that'll attract them back. Getting a mailing list and occasionally send them promotions and they'll comeback surely.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    For one of my home businesses, most reps give a gift if they buy $40 or more of product. I have changed this. I give my customers 10% off of everything. Sometimes the free gift was not something they wanted. Now they feel as though they are getting something fun, as it is always off of the price of something they wanted.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    As a customer I'm gonna have to follow the general consensus here and say freebies, they just make me feel like I got the most out of my visit and am willing to go along again and on this note giving the customer what they want certainly works ; making sure that I could go into your business and get exactly what I want without being turned away is a good start and loyalty programs work very well because I feel attached to a business and I need to go and build those points up to spend.

Good luck

Share on facebook