Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I would fire them on the second occurrence. If they need something from the company, they can borrow it. If they need a product, they have an employee discount.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I would not keep such a employee in my business. I guess they are stealing from the company which means a loss for the business. Simply fire them and find better employees who have morals.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Such an employee should be fired on the spot or as soon as possible. Besides harming the business by stealing he's also putting the other employees through hard times, further harming it. If it's a family business and that employee is essential find a replacement fast, or if that's not an option, like others here suggested, install some sort of surveillance system. In fact, while somewhat expensive, a surveillance system can help in the long run by deterring would be thieves from even trying.

This is not a matter that should be treated lightly and measures must be put in place to protect both the business and the other employees.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    cut their fingers one after another for every incident of stealing caught-in-the-act!!! no, I am just kidding. If you are a manager and you can bear with him to go through the 3-strike process, then just create a policy that would define the degree of offence and the corresponding consequences. Otherwise, just fire him.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    The reason the business owners keep their employees might be because it is too much of a hassle to find a replacement. Typically, it's a smaller business owners that do this. They will just pay more attention to that particular employee to make sure it never happens again. As for me, theft is definitely out of the question; the employee shall be fired on the spot. This is done to show that I do take rules seriously and I will not tolerate any criminal acts.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I worked a little time at a newsagents, and I would never even think of stealing from there. I was getting paid a good amount of money for my age and how many hours I was working, therefore stealing was the last thing on my agenda. If I was an employer, I would sack the person right away, as it is disrespectful and stupid to do such a thing, especially the way jobs are going at the moment.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by delusional View Post
    I would fire them on the second occurrence. If they need something from the company, they can borrow it. If they need a product, they have an employee discount.
    I agree, but I think that if an employee is already stealing, giving them another chance would just cost the company more money. Usually a thief is a thief and they are not going to stop just because you give them a second chance. My opinion is that theft should be an immediate fire offense...unless its like in a case where they accidentally stuck a pen or a notepad in their pocket..then I would do nothing. Office supplies like that are easily replaceable. I'm talking about stealing expensive things or large quantities.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I can't imagine being in a position where I'd keep that employee. Most companies will not only terminate the individuals employment, but threaten legal action depending on the value of what was stolen. I wouldn't even keep the employee if it the employee was stealing from another employee. There's just no defending it. Even break room "oops I grabbed your lunch" stories upset me.

Share on facebook

Last edited by samm1973; 02-21-2014 at 07:46 PM. Reason: awkward wording fixed

9. Collapse Details
    Why? What's the point of keeping them? If they are really good and hard to find replacements then maybe I will give them a second chance but I will also make sure they know the consequences if they keep stealing. But if they are not that valuable then I would fire them right away. But of course, it's also best to talk to them and find out why they are stealing.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    fire that dishonesty person.

Share on facebook