1. Collapse Details
    Self employed taxes, is it inevitable to pay someone to file?
    For the last 4-5 years I was usually just working for some company and getting the standard W-2. Now I've started to work for people and make money freelancing. I lived in 3 different states last year and this took a toll on me when filing through HR block. $200!!! Dang... also not having health insurance haha. I was destroyed in taxes but that's mostly my fault anyway.

So for future reference, I'm wondering how to handle taxes as a self-employed individual. I don't have an LLC or anything like that I have an EIN. I also have not had a 1099 or something like that regarding tax forms given to me by my employers. Some are based in other countries. For the most part though (last year) I worked through UpWork for example but this year I've been being billed directly through PayPal.

Just looking for future tips.

I checked Jackson Hewitt vs. HR Block and for my case the billing was the same regarding the multiple states/partial self-employed. I'm not sure what the reason is behind that (why are their pricing the same?)

Thanks for any help.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Ehat hurts you on being self employed is not the income tax it is paying your social security. You bascially only have to pay your part not thr matching part of comny that you you would work for if you were a regular employee.

Share on facebook

Chris
    Please visit my website for all your Income Tax Santa Paula needs..

3. Collapse Details
    To answer your question, yes there are ways for you to file your tax return without paying someone. TurboTax offers their business tax software for $150.00. This is only $50.00 cheaper than going with a tax preparer. Is saving $50.00 worth giving up your tax advisor, or preparing your taxes wrong and having to pay penalties and interest in addition to the difference in tax? At our firm, we make sure you take every deduction and expense allowable to you even if we have to go the extra mile to get it. It could be hundreds or thousands of dollars of tax savings. That is definitely worth the price!

I hope this answered your question.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Advice
    To answer your question, yes there are ways for you to file your tax return without paying someone. TurboTax offers their business tax software for $150.00. This is only $50.00 cheaper than going with a tax preparer. Is saving $50.00 worth giving up your tax advisor, or preparing your taxes wrong and having to pay penalties and interest in addition to the difference in tax? At our firm, we make sure you take every deduction and expense allowable to you even if we have to go the extra mile to get it. It could be hundreds or thousands of dollars of tax savings. That is definitely worth the price!

I hope this answered your question.

Share on facebook