1. Collapse Details
    Buying Out a Partner
    JClarkson Guest
    I am looking at possible selling my stake on a limited company. I own about 40% of it. Does anyone know if there are tax implications here?

Basically, what I mean is if I sell at say 5 a share... will the tax man say that I have got too much and should be taxed on it? Or conversely, the business has got to much? How is the value of the company established from a tax perspective?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You should definitely see an accountant who specialized in business sales before proceeding. But I expect you would be taxed on the difference between your investment in the company, and the price you sell it at. If you sell it for more than your investment, you can expect to pay the capital gains tax on whatever you sell it for, minus your investment.

Your accountant may be able to provide you with additional methods of reducing your tax burden.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Speaking to a guy in London, he was telling me that his daughter has to buy a house every year to save the taxman from getting his hands on her cash. its something you could always think about. But good luck.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    If you sell it for more than your investment, you can expect to pay the capital gains tax on whatever you sell it for, minus your investment

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    You should see a bookkeeper who spent significant time in business deals before continuing. Be that as it may, I expect you would be burdened on the contrast between your interest in the organization, and the value you offer it at. On the off chance that you offer it for more than your speculation, you can hope to pay the capital additions charge on whatever you offer it for, short your venture.

Share on facebook