Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Hybrid View

1. Collapse Details
    Is it difficult to create a small business on ebay?
    I want to buy clothes at a low price and sell them at a higher price on e-bay. I don't want to hire anyone momentary, I just want to see if I can make some money. Is it difficult to ship the items to other countries? Can I make a profit? Do I have to pay any taxes?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    No need to hire anyone at this point, shipping the items yourself is enough if you're just starting.

Now. Shipping to other countries means added costs via postal services. If you're planning on selling cheap products I don't think it'll be worth it nor will it be much interest since such items will be bough locally (why pay shipping for something cheap?). The taxes. This depends on the country you're located in. Where I'm living I'm not required to declare the money I get from selling items online as an individual. If you're opening an online store things may be different.

One more thing I can say about taxes is that when buying from other countries you have to pay both VAT and border taxes when you pickup your package, or so it is here where I live.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Ebay is a good choice if you have quality and unique product. If not, it's tough. The competition on Ebay is so tough so selling cheap items is not a very good idea. You may want to buy items that will target a particular market that they will be willing to pay the big amount of shipping fee wherever they are.

Like what the previous post said import taxes are also there and shipping cost depending on where the customer is might hurt your price and they will always choose a cheaper option. So even if you and your competition have the same price tag, but your shipping fee is way more than his then the customer will chose the cheaper shipping cost.
    That's why ebay is tough unless you have really good items and you a have a particular target market.

Share on facebook

Last edited by jptrey06; 02-21-2014 at 12:19 PM.

4. Collapse Details
    I don't think this won't be hard. It's not really a business, though. You might be able to turn it into a business but just make sure you get a lot of sales first.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    ebay is great if you have a niche, but if you're selling random items you're always probably gonna have stiff competition.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I used to have an eBay business. I made my first money online via eBay. It was fairly easy, but that was awhile ago. I didn't ship international either. It just made it much simpler. Clothing is very popular on eBay. You will need to standout from the crowd.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I would forget about Ebay. There is more money to be made elsewhere. Have you considered private labeling your own clothing and selling that online? I learnt how to do this and now I have my own E-commerce business selling my own private label products.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I don't think it'll be worth it nor will it be much interest since such items will be bough locally (why pay shipping for something cheap?). The taxes. This depends on the country you're located in.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Building an eBay business is like building any other company from scratch. It's a messy process. ... Selling isn't easy, but getting your business going on eBay is actually pretty simple and straightforward. If you're not already an eBay member, you'll need to get an eBay account.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Building an eBay business resembles assembling some other organization without any preparation. It's a chaotic procedure. Selling isn't simple, yet getting your business moving on eBay is in reality entirely basic and clear. In case you're not effectively an eBay part, you'll have to get an eBay account.

Share on facebook