Page 4 of 8 FirstFirst ... 23456 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    There are still lots of them particularly the freelance websites like elance and odesk. Its just hard to compete with the people there because they've already established their businesses but surely the work can be rewarding if you just have some patience to build your profile well. I myself have worked for few employers and seems good. I just don't get much employers to notice me because there are lots of people who are low bidders and could get the job done as well.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    There are a lot of work-from-home sites that are actually legit. ODesk and Elance are just two of those sites. However, there is stiff competition for jobs there as you have to bid for them. You really need to know how to "sell" yourself in these sites. The ones that you should beware of are those sites that ask you to pay to access their sites or database or buy a program before you can start earning. I just steer clear of these sites especially the ones that promise big payoffs but are very vague about how you can earn them. Any site that asks for money first is almost, always a scam

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Well Amazon Mechanical Turk doesn't work for those outside the US and that is my problem right now but there are other websites such as humanatics.com that pay you to listen to and grade calls. There are legit work at home opportunities but they may not be paying you much.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Many people are saying they are making money only by executing a few simple tasks. All those sites seem like a scam to me or a big headache. I think with that effort, I could make more money in real life.
    A ton of them are outright scams. Others are real, but you have to burn up an insane amount of time for pennies. I'd imagine a few have decent time-to-cash ratios, but a job or investments are always going to yield more.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

5. Collapse Details
    I know a lot of it seems like a scam, and to be honest a lot of it is. With that said, there are still plenty of ways you can make money from the internet. One of the most popular ways is to do general transcriptions. You can get paid more for medical but you have to actually become certified.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I think most of them are scams, and the few that are real take a lot of work for little pay. I once answered an add that said get paid to stuff envelopes. You had to pay a small fee and then they sent you addresses of people to send a brochure to. I sent the money and got the addresses but never got paid. When I tried to call customer service, you could never get through. Finally I got through and it said the number was out of order. So I lost my $29. I think if they got $29 from a lot of people, then they made out pretty good. Big scam.

I do use this site from time to time: http://hits4pay.com/members/index.cgi?daleo717, but you only make 2 cents per ad you look at. It takes about 30-60 seconds to do each ad. You will make 1 cent for up to 2 levels below you. I have received a few cheques for $25 over that past 5 years. But it is very slow going. In general it is better to go get a normal job.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Yes I have made money online with these sites. Simply google them and if you are not sure on whether the site is legit or not google it. Look up reviews on that particular company or site. Go to youtube and look at videos on it and see what luck others have had with it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Lithium View Post
    Many people are saying they are making money only by executing a few simple tasks. All those sites seem like a scam to me or a big headache. I think with that effort, I could make more money in real life.

Has anybody made a profit out of these sites? Are they worth the time?
    People hyping their profits from simple online work often live in regions where the cost of living is very low. The money they earn is great, if you live in the Philippines, but worthless if you live in Idaho or New York.

To profit, you have to get away from the easy pay-per-task sites. There is no easy way to make a living online. It takes lots of effort, and you absolutely must have more than one income stream.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I know there's mechanical turks for Amazon. A lot of Indians use it to make chump change. I tried using it before and honestly, the amount of effort needed to make 2-3 dollars per hour is too much. Might as well just get a job and mcdonalds. Seriously.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I liken it to offline businesses in that way, since almost all offline businesses have already seemingly been invented, but it doesn't mean it would be senseless to join the market and compete anymore. Surely, there is still a chance for anyone who does the service better above everyone else.

Share on facebook