Warning: preg_replace(): The /e modifier is deprecated, use preg_replace_callback instead in ..../includes/class_bbcode.php on line 2968
LLC for virtual business - moving a lot

1. Collapse Details
    LLC for virtual business - moving a lot
    Hi -

I've searched through the forums and could find anything exactly like my situation, so I hope this hasn't been asked before.

I'm in the early stages of creating an app. The next step is to form an LLC. My issue is, I won't have a real office for a few years and plan on moving a lot. I will be doing the marketing have hired a designer and developer. I will be paying them as contractors. And I will be paying myself as a contractor(1099).

What is the easiest and most cost efficient way to structure my business? I have looked into filing in Wyoming, Delaware and Oregon and paying for a virtual office in one of those states.

Does this make any sense to do? From how I see it, the business would be in one of those states and I could live anywhere.

If anyone can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Eric

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Ericj313 View Post
    Hi -

I've searched through the forums and could find anything exactly like my situation, so I hope this hasn't been asked before.

I'm in the early stages of creating an app. The next step is to form an LLC. My issue is, I won't have a real office for a few years and plan on moving a lot. I will be doing the marketing have hired a designer and developer. I will be paying them as contractors. And I will be paying myself as a contractor(1099).

What is the easiest and most cost efficient way to structure my business? I have looked into filing in Wyoming, Delaware and Oregon and paying for a virtual office in one of those states.

Does this make any sense to do? From how I see it, the business would be in one of those states and I could live anywhere.

If anyone can give me any advice, I would greatly appreciate it.

Thanks!

Eric
    It doesn't matter really where you are or plan on residing. You can always have a virtual office anywhere. You could be the CEO of the business where as payments to your vendors is likely to be expensed as capital cost.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Eric

I might be a little late, but what you are asking about falls into my expertise. I do operate several businesses like you describe yours and there is absolutely no problem in doing so. Best states in my opinion to incorporate is Delaware or Florida, they both do not have state taxes.

A virtual office is definitely the way to go it does not matter where it is located, so you may want to look for the best deal in the market. Also it might be an advantage to have the location close to a city you path through more often. That way you may be able to receive mail, use the office for client meetings and so on.

The concept of the shared workspace is also flexible enough that you can change locations quickly or expand your network as you grow. You wont have to commit to long term contracts and you may upgrade or downgrade at any time. You never have to deal with the management of employees, but still have great representation for your company at each location you consider choosing

Incorporating your business is easier than people want you to know, as a single owner you may want to make sure you are more concerned about tax related issues, than legal protection. You can always restructure the company at a later time, particularly when you require funding or start working with partners.

Hope that helps, good luck to you. Feel free to contact me if you have further questions.

Share on facebook

Carsten Werner, Founder at Officentos "Your Office Everywhere"
    Fully serviced and furnished Executive Office Suites, Live Phone Answering Service, shared receptionist, conference rooms and a variety of Virtual Office plans, Nationwide.

Premium Virtual Office Miami locations!

4. Collapse Details
    plan doesnt matter tbh

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Regardless of the reason it's important to know your options when moving and llc to another state. The move anywhere and virtual home address privacy and spending lots of money on a physical location. Find out how to keep your home based business in the new state and is good standing. A virtual office is definitely the way to go it does not matter where it is located, so you may want to look for the best deal in the market. Also it might be an advantage to have the location close to a city you path through more often. That way you may be able to receive mail, use the office for client meetings and so on.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Business Legal Changes for Business Moves A limited liability company (LLC), for example, must apply for registration by filing Articles of Organization with a state. A sole proprietorship doesn't have to register the business with a state, so there are no state registration issues in moving to a new state.

Share on facebook