Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Better salary or great working conditions?
    What in your guys experience is better for the company ? To give employees a bigger salary (% or bonus) or great working conditions ?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It varies from person to person. For some, they can endure a lot of stress and hardships doesn't really care about how good or bad is their working environment. I believe these kind of people are those that prefer a nice salary. However there's some that wouldn't mind a mediocre salary as long as it's not too low, but they seek a good working environment. I can relate to these kind of people though. For them a good working environment makes the best out of you and being stress-free tend to increase the morale and loyalty among the employees.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    I would always want a combination of both, as one increases I think the other one should equally. It may take longer to achieve, but it feels much better.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    A mix.
    Definitely a mix, this way you can please both the employees that need bigger pay and the ones that want to work in a pleasant stress free environment even if the pay is not that good. It may be hard to achieve but it's easier for you, the employer, since achieving this mix will attract quality future employees and keep the ones you have happy. Obviously, you can also try doing as CeliVega suggests. From my experience as an employee I know there are some people that don't care about a big salary if they have an easy time at work and then there are those that work in slave like conditions as long as the pay is great.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I think people who work in worse conditions always get a better salary. At least in western countries. In Asian countries it tends to be the opposite.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I'd prefer better working conditions. For example, if someone was to offer me a job in Afghanistan and promises a six figure pay check, I wouldn't take it because of the insecurity. And closer home. . .get a job in a small town with no social amenities with the promise of a raise and a promotion? Still I'd not take it. My job is supposed to make me enough to enjoy my life.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I think better working conditions will ultimately yield the most effective employees. If you offer higher salaries, you may get people who are in it just for the money, which isn't such a terrible thing, but you would probably have a higher chance of finding someone who's passionate and actually wants to be there with just a nicer environment. Of course, this would hardly be exact science, as even with this incentive, you'd get some of those people who aren't exactly passionate, but I think the chances would be better with the latter incentive.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    What in your guys experience is better for the company ? To give employees a bigger salary (% or bonus) or great working conditions ?
    I would say great working conditions. People spend more than half of their day in the company, compared to the time they spend at home. Therefore, it is definitely important. Money is usually secondary and it will not matter much when people feel valued because they are being provided with good working conditions.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I think that in an ideal situation, it would be best to do both. That is a tough choice. Employees like to get rewarded with bonuses, but if you make their work environment an unpleasant one, why would they stay?

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    In my opinion, a better working condition would be the best choice. Sure a better salary is great and all, but that wouldn't necessarily meant that the job is a good job. If you have a great working condition then you'll probably be more likely to like your job which in my opinion is a good job.

Share on facebook