Page 3 of 8 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I also believe that a mix would be the ideal. However, I am more inclined to like a job because of the working environment than because of the salary. I'd rather go home less than exhausted and still have time to live outside of work. It's important to remember that you work in order to live and not the other way around.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    It's a case to case basis, but for me personally, I would prefer a working environment that is good. It makes people be more productive and efficient, there is less stress, therefore, employees or colleagues are nicer to each other. There are others though who prefer the higher pay and does not really mind what their working conditions are, as long as they get paid to do their job.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    This is very frustrating for people because it's one thing to get low pay but when you are being ill-treated and also work in poor conditions then it affects you potential and actually kill the potential in you to perform well on that particular job.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I definitely think better working conditions are better for everyone. I think it has a greater impact on the mood of your employees. A higher salary is nice, but it doesn't necessarily increase your quality of life.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    There is definitely a mix of both, but at the end of the day, money talks. All the little niceties can help make an employee work at their best. Still, its the greenbacks that keep good employees in place. The only other thing I would add, and its even more important now with the costs of healthcare, is offering a decent benefits package. That alone can keep an employee pretty happy.

Share on facebook

"The business of America is business."—Calvin Coolidge

6. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by SteakTartare View Post
    There is definitely a mix of both, but at the end of the day, money talks. All the little niceties can help make an employee work at their best. Still, its the greenbacks that keep good employees in place. The only other thing I would add, and its even more important now with the costs of healthcare, is offering a decent benefits package. That alone can keep an employee pretty happy.
    My point exactly it is all about the money. Sure it would be great to have a mixture of both, but we do not live in fantasy land. We live in the real world, and if i have to choose. I choose the money.

Share on facebook

It's just business.

7. Collapse Details
    These two things go hand in hand. Personally I prefer to have a good working condition first. It is the only way that a worker will be productive rather than having a fat salary with poor conditions. You will find that in the organisations where the salaries are high and poor working conditions, the salaries are for the top management only.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I'd prefer both or maybe meet halfway. I would choose a better working condition. I'd love to work somewhere wherein I know I will grow as an individual and I know I will learn a lot. A better salary is good but if you don't feel safe or you're not enjoying then what's the point? It depends from person to person. But having both would be great.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I would rather have great working conditions to start off with. People tend to do their best work when they are happy and enjoy going to work. If someone has a great boss then they generally aim to please.

If I am happy at work and doing a great job then I can show the results to the boss and ask for a raise. People who make good money, but hate their jobs tend to remain stagnent because there is no motivation to go the extra mile.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I'd say better working conditions. I had a friend who was telling me about two jobs that she was being offered. One was nearby but was offering a lower salary than the other, which would take her about 45 to 60 minutes to drive to daily. I had to remind her that the time for the commute as well as the gas that she would be using would make the job which was paying more a poor choice.

Share on facebook