Page 1 of 7 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    For Internet banking users: how do you ensure your money is safe?
    Just yesterday when scanning my PC for viruses I found out that somehow, a keylogger had been maliciously installed in my system. Since I don't browse much on my PC that didn't worry me much but it had me thinking. . .what if I'd tried to withdraw money from my bank or paid for something using my debit card? Wouldn't I be sharing my banking info with the wrong people?

Since you can't tell when an internet 'conman/thief' will strike how do you guys ensure your money is safe if you occasionally use it internet banking services?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I use two-factor authentication on almost every important account I use. My bank uses a system that needs your bankcard and your PIN number. So I'm pretty sure it's safe.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Check your bank for mobile authentication, that for every transaction especially transfer, payment or anything that releases money from your account you need to supply a pin number sent to you through your mobile phone. In some cases, multiple layer of protection is also available just consult your bank about these features that maybe available attached to their services.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I use a separate computer for logging into my online financial accounts. I know it isn't entirely practical, but it's only a cheap laptop and I never use it for anything else other than for checking my finances and doing a few transactions. It's not that I'm that paranoid, either, but somehow I just ended up doing it this way just because I had an available spare laptop that I knew I wouldn't be using. I also try to keep the emails I use for finances separate from the ones I use to sign up for other sites and programs, just to be extra safe.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I use multi-level verification. For example, I have them text me a PIN if they don't recognize a certain computer. I also have them email me with suspicious account activity if it should occur.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    I use mobile authentication as well. It actually makes you feel much safer if every transaction has to go through you and approved by yourself. This way it is highly unlikely that someone else will use your information or id to make unauthorized purchase or transactions. As said by posters above, it is a good choice to manage every monetary issues with a separate computer as well. Also, I think that if you are careful enough to erase the caches or cookies everytime after logging in to your bank accounts, you should be safer as well.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Well, in today's world you can not ever be too safe. So, I partake a two step approach to ensure that my bank credentials remain secure. The first step is that I scan my system for viruses and malware almost daily and that too with the latest softwares. And secondly, I have activated mobile authentication with my account, which means that any payment needs two confirmations in order too go through, i.e., through my pc and by sending an text from my phone to the bank in order to authenticate it.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I've never had an issue. I also use a two-factor authentication when logging in, and another of my accounts uses an access number, password, and last four of my social. It hasn't been compromised so far. I don't think that there is any system that is impossible to hack though.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I am a bit worried about credit cards, however recently when I made a purchase from a foreign website with my card my bank did the mobile verification thing... I didn't know they do it with credit cards but I don't mind. I do have that system enabled in my internet bank account in the extent that every new recipient of payments has to be confirmed by a mobile authentication.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think the best and only true safe solution is to have a PC that is used only for paying online and will visit only safe websites. You can use some older cheaper PC for this.

Share on facebook