Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    You simply need to make sure that you regularly check for viruses and keyloggers to avoid such circumstances. Also use an online bank that can guarantee safety of your money. I know banks like PayPal can be strict but it is the only way to keep your money safe while online.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by owesem75 View Post
    Check your bank for mobile authentication, that for every transaction especially transfer, payment or anything that releases money from your account you need to supply a pin number sent to you through your mobile phone. In some cases, multiple layer of protection is also available just consult your bank about these features that maybe available attached to their services.
    Yeah I use this same feature. If I want to make any transaction, a 4 digit pin is always sent to my account so even if someone knows my account number or anything, they still can't use the card.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Rainman View Post
    Just yesterday when scanning my PC for viruses I found out that somehow, a keylogger had been maliciously installed in my system. Since I don't browse much on my PC that didn't worry me much but it had me thinking. . .what if I'd tried to withdraw money from my bank or paid for something using my debit card? Wouldn't I be sharing my banking info with the wrong people?

Since you can't tell when an internet 'conman/thief' will strike how do you guys ensure your money is safe if you occasionally use it internet banking services?
    Well, make sure to get a decent anti-virus. It's important that the anti-virus continually updates itself. What you could do for extra-precaution is to ensure that you use a proxy VPN to hide your IP address and assign another IP address. This confuses hackers. ProXPN works well. You can also try Securitykiss or ProVPN.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Linvall View Post
    Well, make sure to get a decent anti-virus. It's important that the anti-virus continually updates itself. What you could do for extra-precaution is to ensure that you use a proxy VPN to hide your IP address and assign another IP address. This confuses hackers. ProXPN works well. You can also try Securitykiss or ProVPN.
    And seriously, dont visit weird websites. Take an old computer and dedicate it only to online banking, its the best protection.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by mikelouis View Post
    You simply need to make sure that you regularly check for viruses and keyloggers to avoid such circumstances. Also use an online bank that can guarantee safety of your money. I know banks like PayPal can be strict but it is the only way to keep your money safe while online.
    I agree with this completely that you have to regularly check your system for viruses and malware. You should also check for keyloggers (these are programs which track key strokes. You should also clear cookies from your browser, as these are the programs which contain tracking software.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Multi level security somehow makes us feel safe in doing on-line transaction. You just have to consult your bank to subscribe to this service. Also, there are some banks that collect service fees to shield your transactions, i.e. a small amount for insurance to cover loses in the event that your card is hacked.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Multi level security somehow makes us feel safe in doing on-line transaction. You just have to consult your bank to subscribe to this service. Also, there are some banks that collect service fees to shield your transactions, i.e. a small amount for insurance to cover loses in the event that your card is hacked.
    Depending on where you live, this might already be taken care of by the government.
    If you have a large amount of money, it's also a good idea to check out what the local laws say about what happens if the bank goes bankrupt. Most governements have insured your money up to a certain point, but beyond that it might just disappear with the rest of the bank.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I think this service shouldnt be paid at all.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    There are certain precautions that you should take to ensure you're not subjecting your accounts to undue risk.

Of course, you should make sure that the password you create one that is truly unique. Add symbols, numbers and mix lower and upper case letters. It's also a good idea to change this password every six months to keep hackers guessing

Also, your finances are only as secure as the computer you're using. As such, be sure to have a good firewall to prevent hackers from accessing the data packets that are being exchanged between your PC and the host computer with which you are communicating.

Finally, be aware of potential attempts to steal your personal information. A bank will never ask you to relay sensitive data over a phone call or email. And always be sure to type in your bank's URL carefully. Check for an "https" at the beginning for confirmation you're logged into a legitimate, secure bank website.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    This is something I too have wondered about. It seems like it would be really easy to make a mistake and, poof a hacker makes off with your preciously earned income. From experience, however, I can tell you that as long as you are going through a respected institution and you have a secure password, you won't have any serious problems.

Share on facebook