Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Can you use Twitter to find jobs?
    Social media can be used for a lot of things including hunting for jobs. I once got hired by someone who viewed my FB profile so I know you can get jobs on FB but what of Twitter? If you send out a tweet asking anyone to hire you, could you land a good, legit job?

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    You can. I have seen a couple of accounts tweeting about recruitment. This is mostly in the IT field, others fields (except for journalism) might have a tougher job finding someone on Twitter.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    You can, but make sure that your twitter has no questionable information on it.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    Yes, you can, but I would definitely be careful and make sure the company is legit

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I don't see why not, especially nowadays when everything is a bit less formal. I'd say it might be a bit more difficult to do so than on Facebook, though, since your profile there would be less detailed, but if the right person / company came along who was willing enough to do so, then it could happen. A lot of companies know and use Twitter already, so I wouldn't say it's very far-fetched.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    If I were to look for jobs, I wouldn't look it up on Twitter. There are always people trying to scam others and Twitter wouldn't be a great way to find a job.

The purpose of Twitter is sort of for sharing what's going on in your life. Follow people and get followed. However, in terms of looking for employment? It's possible, but I wouldn't suggest it at all.

Try something else. Go to your local job fair, ask people around you.

I hope I helped. Good luck!

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    I suppose it is possible, but possible in the same way it's possible the world can end tomorrow. HIGHLY unlikely.

Share on facebook

Try Amazon Prime for 30-days for FREE! Just click on the text that says Amazon Prime!. It's like Netflix with a MUCH larger selection, you WON'T regret it!

8. Collapse Details
    It never hurts to try. A tweet like "Seeking new job! Here's my resume!" will probably get people to look at your resume, but getting you hired might be a different case. I would say it's better to have alternatives as well, cause Twitter only passes the message around in a limited circle. Would you hire someone you just met on Twitter and seek employment from you? Some might say yes, but I think most prefers a more formal approach when it comes to employment.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    The hashtags #nowhiring, #hiring and #jobopening seem to be relevant for finding jobs on Twitter. Though it is not easy to narrow down what kind of job, you can use hashtag's to find if any companies are promoting job openings through social media.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    I think Twitter is ok to use, but I probably won't do it that way. What I'll do is subscribe to the companies that I'm interested in and then see if they are advertising jobs. I would also get to understand the company better because of their Tweets and I can use that during interviews to show how much interested I am in the company.

Share on facebook