Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    Twitter is excellent for finding jobs through the contacts that you've already made. That is the fundamental benefit of ALL networking, not just social networking. Tell your friends about your job search, and keep your ear to the ground on your twitter feed, and you might have something turn up pretty fast. I'd certainly suggest that you don't put all of your job searching eggs in the twitter basket, however.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by Jimmyjazz1976 View Post
    The hashtags #nowhiring, #hiring and #jobopening seem to be relevant for finding jobs on Twitter. Though it is not easy to narrow down what kind of job, you can use hashtag's to find if any companies are promoting job openings through social media.
    This person is right, these hashtags are relevant. But they also are nation wide and quite broad. I'd recommend following the profiles of companies you may want to work for. Those companies may tweet job openings, or re-tweet a recruiters post. I wouldn't anticipate much interaction between yourself and recruiters on Twitter, but it is a great spot for job leads.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Although I've never used twitter to find a job and I've never seen any job postings on Twitter, I don't doubt that there are some people who have found jobs on twitter and use twitter to post jobs on. A lot of people use twitter, and I can see it being used by social media or other media companies that are trying to fill positions. Why not use the technology that we have?

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    May be or may be not. On twitter a person's profile is not that elaborate on what a person is really about. If you had suggested Linkedin then I would totally agree because I have been hired once on LinkedIn. Twitter can work for those freelance jobs that require short period of time to complete and do not necessarily need any academic or work experience.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    It depends on who you follow or have on twitter and how lucky you are! You can find jobs everywhere.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    Twitter can be very helpful, especially for short-term assignments that are quickly posted and quickly taken. The above mentioned hashtags will be key doing some successful searches. But I would much sooner recommend sites that specialize in jobs such as Monster or Careerbuilder. Also, consider checking Craigslist (but be very careful and mindful during the search) even Google searching for your specialties and arranging the results by "last day" or "in past week" can be helpful. Good luck.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    Quote Originally Posted by DomDom View Post
    It depends on who you follow or have on twitter and how lucky you are! You can find jobs everywhere.
    Agree But if you really want to find a job better do it the regular proven way - thru classified ads (online or offline). You get more options too rather than just waiting for someone to tweet an ideal job. It's like being under an apple tree waiting for a fruit to fall.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    Why not?Social communication become more and more popular,Enterprise can hire their employees by this way efficiently and cut the cost.People also have more chance to show them,and totally they can find a job which they are interested or be good at.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    Yes you can! There are thousands of company advertising positions on Twitter. You just have to be careful though because some of them might still be a scam.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    It's true that you can use it. However, I don't really recommend it. There are other sites best for this. Besides it's kind of hard to find a legit one on Twitter.

Share on facebook