Page 2 of 8 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast
  1. Collapse Details
    I've worked both alone and with a team, and I can be happy with either. I do miss being in a team sometimes, though, since that does tend to be pretty fun, but being someone who is mostly just profit-oriented, I don't really care that much about the fun anymore and just care more about whether or not a venture would be more profitable or whether or not it would be more practical to go it alone rather than be with a team.

Share on facebook

2. Collapse Details
    I don't really get lonely as much as I did when I was a child. Actually, I quite enjoy being alone because I get to think for myself without having anything around me to influence my decisions or thoughts. I hang out with myself in order to figure out who I truly am. I wouldn't have to pretend being someone I'm not.

Working at home gives me a chance to spend time with myself. What's wrong with earning money while being able to figure out who you are?

However, if you are beginning to feel lonely, that's when you should spend a part of your day outside. Meet up with some old friends and possibly hang out with your family members.

Share on facebook

3. Collapse Details
    Not really, but I do miss the company of others. Sure, at any point I can pick the phone, make a call and go out or visiting but with age I stopped caring or wanting that. My business is what keeps me entertained and finding new ways to perfect something has become my hobby. Still, my days of employment come back as fun memories now after years but realism tells me I'm better off running my own business than employed.

But this is just me. I imagine that with a family run business things change and loneliness is a a non issue.

Share on facebook

4. Collapse Details
    I have my business based from my apartment but the nature of it is that I do have to be out interacting with people. I also have made sure that I schedule time with friends and have activities to go to. If I was stuck in my apartment all day and alone I think I would go bonkers after awhile.

Share on facebook

5. Collapse Details
    I have a strong personal life and a full time job. I just like to work a lot, and I don't seem to like to sleep, so I work enough at home that it qualifies as a "work from home" job. I'd suggest getting at least a part time job to meet people and get steady income---you'll make friends, and a check that comes at the same time every week couldn't hurt.

Share on facebook

6. Collapse Details
    No I don't get lonely. I grew up with 3 siblings and I don't live alone. I do try to go out once a week.

Share on facebook

7. Collapse Details
    If you live alone and are single, working from home can make it challenging to have a satisfying social life. It is much easier to meet people, be it friends or a significant other, through work. It wouldn't hurt to get out there and keep up your social skills. After all, what good is money if you have nobody to share your wealth with or spend money on activities with. I used to be in a similar situation, being lonely because I spent all my time on my home based business. It is important for your psyche to have a balance in your life.

Share on facebook

8. Collapse Details
    I do get lonely. I have 5 kids, but I miss having coworkers and friends. I feel like I'm so busy all the time, and I don't have much time socialize. All of my work is done online, so that only socializing I really do is online.

Share on facebook

9. Collapse Details
    I don't really get lonely. In fact, I feel more comfortable being alone, which was why I chose to work from home in the first place.

Also, it's not like I'm working 24/7. I do spend time hanging out with friends and family.

Share on facebook

10. Collapse Details
    Not really, although I am in a home-based business, I live with my family. I have never really felt lonely because there is always somebody in the house. If you are feeling lonely, you should call up your friends and ask them to hang out. More than often, they will accept the offer and hang out with you. With nowadays technology, your friends are just one phone call away.

Share on facebook